• Register Today It's free!

real camber solution

bluedge01

Reaction score
City, State
houston,tx
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 edge
ok guys here you go wether your bagged or not raise your upper control arms up that will helop out so much you wouldnt belive it will take away the harsh angle on he ball joints and that nasty camber

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Physically raise the mounting position of the upper control arm while doing nothing with the lower arm?

and how would you do that?

i said that in my psot onto how i bagged mine.........you have to do it on the rangers and the f150's also....but if you use the djm's you raise it up 2" to be exact bc that is the only way to get it out.........if your bagged bc the factory still binds....but if you arent bagged then it should just work fine raising it up 2" or you could just buy the ranger arms......but just read my ast post on there for that.....i would personally combine the two.....but if you have any ?'s then let me know

you can still raise it 2 inches like he is saying by relocating the spindle on top of the a arm and raise em akes it that much better, But to answer the question about raising them cut the factory mounts off flush with the frame get some 2x2x1/4 square tubing make it about 2-1/2 to 3 inches and weld the mounts on top of the tubing then he tubing back in place where the mounts use to be

ok, now im lost... was htis thread supposed to be somewhere else? or what?

On some trucks sometimes it is just easier to move the upper and lower control arms up in order to lay body. In my opinion, if you are going to take it this far, you might as well swap in a Mustang II front suspension or an independant front from a Toyota truck. This will make it very easy for you to set up your bags, you'll get pretty good lift, and your camber won't be wicked when aired all the way down.

all a mustang 2 front is is control arms.........you have control arms now.........so its just as easy to bag it to lay the way you have it.........but anyway the spindle flip you have to run atleast a 18"in wheel and cant be any smaller...and you have to cut alot of stuff to get you turnin radius back so unless you have 20" wheels then this isnt going to benefit you at all........but it is alot easier than clipping it with something man.......the reason for the lifting of the upper arm is to correct the angle of the balljoint.....you dont raise the lower arm or anything...you only raise the top arm and its to correct the balljoint from binding and level it out some thats all.........

Ok I have a 2001 Sport and all I want to do us convert to coils. I was thinking DJM upper control arms and if they fit which they look like they would the DJM lower control arms. Weld spring seat into the upper on to hold the spring in. Get a 2" drop spring of my choice and put it in. Thats my main question does the DJM lower controls arms for a 98+ ranger 2wd fit the Explorer? Thats all I want is to convert to coils and get a total of 4 inches of actuall drop assuming my torsion drop is 2".

00Rngr said:
all a mustang 2 front is is control arms.........you have control arms now.........so its just as easy to bag it to lay the way you have it.........but anyway the spindle flip you have to run atleast a 18"in wheel and cant be any smaller...and you have to cut alot of stuff to get you turnin radius back so unless you have 20" wheels then this isnt going to benefit you at all........but it is alot easier than clipping it with something man.......the reason for the lifting of the upper arm is to correct the angle of the balljoint.....you dont raise the lower arm or anything...you only raise the top arm and its to correct the balljoint from binding and level it out some thats all.........

All control arm setups are not created equal. Why do you think so many people use the Mustang II front suspension. It's easy, simple to plate the cups, the camber isn't that bad when layed out, and it gets good lift.

am i an idiot or what? moving the arm up will do nothing for camber. unless you lengthen it or move the arm outward. right?

your an idiot.....nahim joking.........mustang 2 isnt that much different than your standard arm set up man...........if you already have arms just modify them to work like i said......why...bc it would just be a freakin waste to spend all that money on the pretty much exact thing, being control arms......thats what i was gettin at Hart

moving the arm up will do nothing for camber. unless you lengthen it or move the arm outward. right?

no it will help some........i cant really explain it if you dont know how it works but it will help......

Back