Rear Camera - No Guidelines Show | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Rear Camera - No Guidelines Show

From the MFT screen, click on settings.....then vehicle.......then rear view camera.....make sure the lines are set to on.....It will show you a preview.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Nope I don't get the coloured warning zones or the lines in the screen, only the pure video feed and the "Check surroundings..." wordings, also the Zoom function is there but doesn't function.

As for the settings, I have tried turning both the Visual Park Assist and Guidelines to On, but still nothing happens.

Googling this issue seems that Ford's F150 has the same issue, not sure if the same SSM 22105 applies

http://www.f150forum.com/f38/disappearing-backup-camera-guidelines-82352/index26/

Nope I don't get the coloured warning zones or the lines in the screen, only the pure video feed and the "Check surroundings..." wordings, also the Zoom function is there but doesn't function.

As for the settings, I have tried turning both the Visual Park Assist and Guidelines to On, but still nothing happens.

Googling this issue seems that Ford's F150 has the same issue, not sure if the same SSM 22105 applies

http://www.f150forum.com/f38/disappearing-backup-camera-guidelines-82352/index26/
I think it's time for a dealer visit. There appears to be just one camera (19G490) for the Explorer so I don't know where exactly the problem is but the fact that you do not have anything except video definitely indicates there is a problem.

Peter

I think it's time for a dealer visit. There appears to be just one camera (19G490) for the Explorer so I don't know where exactly the problem is but the fact that you do not have anything except video definitely indicates there is a problem.

Peter

thanks Peter, if I looked at the F150 issue the camera part is also the same 19G490. But they had to do some RCV configuration, according to the SSM. Told the dealer, he had no clue what that means. :( He said maybe take out the battery and try, which he did, to no avail.

It would not be a camera issue. It only provides the raw image. If your guidelines disappeared then it is a software issue. Did you just recently have your software upgraded?

It would not be a camera issue. It only provides the raw image. If your guidelines disappeared then it is a software issue. Did you just recently have your software upgraded?

yeah I would believe so too. I just had my software upgraded to the most recent one with the A4 maps sd card too. Still the same :(

Unfortunately my predicament is like the original starter of this thread. My liftgate was replaced by the auto body shop, so if i go to the dealer, he would tell me to back to the auto body shop as they were the ones who replaced it and thus must fix it.

Anybody knows what RCV configuration means? and is that can only be done by a dealer?

this is what my camera looks like

IMG_20130116_204200_zpsaf880a8a.jpg

and this is what the F150 invoice of the guy who had the similar issue

ford_zps42aee99c.jpg

Maybe there is something wrong with the rear parking sensors

Hi,

I recently had my rear camera replaced (Friday). The original one failed. I too can not get the rear grid lines to turn on, even when I go into settings and manually set it. I confirmed on the left instrumant cluster that the rear camera assist is set to "ON". Still no grids. Camera in clear. Beeping works perfectly (faster as you get closer to the object behind you). Just no lines, grids, or colored blocks as you get closer to the object behind you.

Did you find a solution? Was it a trip back to the dealer?

I did a Master Reset. Nothing.

Ercole

Hi,

I recently had my rear camera replaced (Friday). The original one failed. I too can not get the rear grid lines to turn on, even when I go into settings and manually set it. I confirmed on the left instrumant cluster that the rear camera assist is set to "ON". Still no grids. Camera in clear. Beeping works perfectly (faster as you get closer to the object behind you). Just no lines, grids, or colored blocks as you get closer to the object behind you.

Did you find a solution? Was it a trip back to the dealer?

I did a Master Reset. Nothing.

Ercole
Did you go through the following procedure?

Active guidelines (if equipped) and fixed guidelines
The active guidelines show the path of intended motion of the vehicle
while reversing. The fixed guidelines assist a driver with backing into a
parking space or aligning with an object behind the vehicle.
To turn this feature on or off when the vehicle is not in R (Reverse), do
the following on the touchscreen:
1. Select Menu
2. Select Vehicle
3. Select Rear View Camera
The fixed guideline options are ON and OFF. The active guideline
options are ACTIVE + FIXED, FIXED and OFF.
• (1) Rear bumper
• (2) Red zone
• (3) Yellow zone
• (4) Green zone
• (5) Active guidelines (if
equipped)
Active guidelines (5) will only be shown with fixed guidelines (2), (3)
and (4).

Peter

I am having the same problem with my 2012 Ford Explorer Limited with active park assist. Just picked up my Explorer from the body shop last night after replacing a damaged liftgate, including a new camera. Although both active and fixed guidelines are turned on, no guidelines appear in the camera. The body shop called the local Ford dealer who said he didn't know the answer and the dealer was to call Ford for help. The guidelines worked with my damaged liftgate prior to replacement.

Anyone have any further information, yet?

I am having the same problem with my 2012 Ford Explorer Limited with active park assist. Just picked up my Explorer from the body shop last night after replacing a damaged liftgate, including a new camera. Although both active and fixed guidelines are turned on, no guidelines appear in the camera. The body shop called the local Ford dealer who said he didn't know the answer and the dealer was to call Ford for help. The guidelines worked with my damaged liftgate prior to replacement.

Anyone have any further information, yet?
Welcome to the Forum daborje.:wavey:
As Dr Plastic mentioned in his post, I think this is a software issue. It appears that all models have the same camera but they don't all have Active Guidelines. There is also a post about the dealer having to perform a RCV configration but no one seems to know what that means. RCV to me could mean 'Receive'. In that case the system would have to be configured again to receive input from the various sensors throughout the vehicle. That would be something that only the dealer could do.
I'm not sure if this falls under Rebecca or Crystal's area.
If you want some assistance to get 'the ball rolling' on this you can send a private message to Crystal (FordService) using this link;
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/private.php?do=newpm&u=157968
Include your name, daytime phone number, VIN, mileage, and dealership info in your message.

Peter

Thanks Peter! Your help is very much appreciated. I guess the new hardware (camera) has to be synchronized to the vehicle.

I had my reverse camera replaced under warranty on my 2011 XLT last summer. When I got it back it did not have any grids,etc. Come to find out they replaced it with wrong part. Take it back to dealer and make sure they ordered proper camera.

Backup assist quit working

Several weeks ago the backup camera would remain on for quite a while after shifting to drive. Tooke it to the dealer who fixed it by doing a master reset costing me 50 bucks.

a few weeks after that the camera works but the visual overlay (lines and colored blocks) no longer work. The zoom function for trailer hookup does not work either.

I tried to do a master reset from the MFT but it didn't work. I've checked the settings for this feature several times. Trying to avoid another trip to the dealer.

Any ideas?

Several weeks ago the backup camera would remain on for quite a while after shifting to drive. Tooke it to the dealer who fixed it by doing a master reset costing me 50 bucks.

a few weeks after that the camera works but the visual overlay (lines and colored blocks) no longer work. The zoom function for trailer hookup does not work either.

I tried to do a master reset from the MFT but it didn't work. I've checked the settings for this feature several times. Trying to avoid another trip to the dealer.

Any ideas?
I guess the original delay issue wasn't caused by the setting be on delay if you checked the settings. I have mine on delay and it stays that way until I reach 10kmph (6 mph). If the master reset didn't fix the issue you could try a battery disconnect. Leave it disconnected for a while then hook it back up and check the camera again. If the problem is still there, the camera may have to be replaced.
What model do you have? Your profile only says 2012.

Peter

Solution Found

I originally posted in January that I was having the same problem with my 2012 Ford Explorer Limited with active park assist. My rear liftgate was damaged and had to be replaced, including a new camera. Upon picking up my Explorer from the body shop, no guidelines would appear on the display screen even though both active and fixed guidelines were turned on in settings. The guidelines worked perfectly with my damaged liftgate prior to replacement.

What I found out: Apparently there were a bunch of replacement cameras manufactured that were either defective or were not appropriately matched for vehicles with park assist. After waiting for several weeks because of backorders due to this manufacturing problem, a new replacement camera was installed and my back up camera with guidelines has worked perfectly ever since.

Although logic suggests it was a software problem, it was not. It was a hardware problem due to a manufacturing problem with the replacement camera.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I guess the original delay issue wasn't caused by the setting be on delay if you checked the settings. I have mine on delay and it stays that way until I reach 10kmph (6 mph). If the master reset didn't fix the issue you could try a battery disconnect. Leave it disconnected for a while then hook it back up and check the camera again. If the problem is still there, the camera may have to be replaced.
What model do you have? Your profile only says 2012.

Peter

My car is a Limited.

I'm having the exact same problem as the rest of the folks that have posted in this thread. There has not been any work done on the rear of the car for almost a year. My wife was hit in the rear but the damage was limited to the rear bumper cover. The backup camera worked until a few weeks ago.

I've checked the settings several times. Though I'm not home to look at it currently I don't remember seeing a "rear view camera" option in the vehicle settings. I only remember rear assist.

Back