Rear climate control not working | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Rear climate control not working

Jparr

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 ford explorer
Just picked up my 2013 ford explorer and we love it! One issue we found and I guess we will have to take it in tomorrow is that the rear climate control fan is not coming on. I made sure the power to the system is on and tried controlling it from the front and rear with no success. The front heat and air works fine. I can turn it to control the rear and get the lights to work indicating where you want the air to route. I can turn the knob clockwise for the fan and the light comes on but nothing happens. The rear lock light is off so I should have control. When I do lock it from the front, the light lock turns on in the rear but I still can't control it from the front. When I turn the fan up, the indicators on the display show up but nothing happens.

I imagine that this is a service issue and I've researched and tried everything but thought I'd check in her before taking it in tomorrow. Any thoughts?

Thanks

Just picked up my 2013 ford explorer and we love it! One issue we found and I guess we will have to take it in tomorrow is that the rear climate control fan is not coming on. I made sure the power to the system is on and tried controlling it from the front and rear with no success. The front heat and air works fine. I can turn it to control the rear and get the lights to work indicating where you want the air to route. I can turn the knob clockwise for the fan and the light comes on but nothing happens. The rear lock light is off so I should have control. When I do lock it from the front, the light lock turns on in the rear but I still can't control it from the front. When I turn the fan up, the indicators on the display show up but nothing happens.

I imagine that this is a service issue and I've researched and tried everything but thought I'd check in her before taking it in tomorrow. Any thoughts?

Thanks
Welcome to the Forum Jparr. :wavey:
I can't think of anything that you may have missed doing. I haven't used mine at all so I'm not totaly sure if there is anything else you can do.
One tip I would like to offer and that is to state which model Explorer you have in your profile in the left hand margin. This will help members in supplying the right info for future posts.
Good luck and enjoy your new Ex.

Peter

Have you checked fuses/circuit breakers?

Thanks guys. When we started it today, the air in the back came on! But only for a few seconds then turned off...then came on and turned off. I adjusted the temperature all the way up and down to see if it would run continuous but no luck. I guess I'll take it in tomorrow...sad as I only had it two days. I have not checked the fuses, I guess I'll let them check that.

Thanks

Back