Rear Door Window Motor Removal | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Rear Door Window Motor Removal

Post number 3 has been selected as best answered.

seshore

Reaction score
City, State
Houston, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 XLT
How do I get the rear window motor separated from the door lock actuator?

I should have been clearer, I have the door apart, speaker out, the dimple on the speaker hole drilled out (so the blind screw can be unscrewed, all the motor screws out (square head) and away from the inner door, but now it is hanging on the window actuator and I am unable to see how to get them apart. Advise on these doors, you only have to drill 1 hole to unscrew the motor as I did both front doors in an evening.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If I remeber right they are not together. There are about 6 rivets you'll have to drill out(I'll check later). I removed my rear window regulator to rebuild it about three months ago. I have a board holding up the window currently :D
Oh,and the with the window all the way up there are two bolts to be removed. I think it all comes out through the speaker hole I'll see if I still have the pics I took in the other computer later.

Take the inner pannel off. Remove innner and outer weather strip. Drill out 2 rivets holding the window to track. There are access holes, you just need to move the window a bit to the right spot. Remove the glass, out and up. Drill out 2 rivets at the bottom of the door(middle) and i think a couple more in the middle of the door holding the regulator bracket. It comes out not the speaker hole, but an even larger hole towards the back of the door. I made my own bushings out of metal instead of plastic(only because can't find bushings in Canada), to rebuild my motor gear. In fact I did 3 doors all at the same time. They work awesome now. Not that big of a job. Hint; use a hammer and punch to knock the center of the rivets out first before drilling. Good luck. Hope this helps.
Peace

So, how do ya get the outer weather strip off? I've tried, but still seems to have something holding it on. Thanks
Derbytown

Why are y'all removing the weather strip? All that has to come off is the door panel.

There is a nut holding the front of it down from underneith at one end. Open the front door and you'll see it. You might not need to take the outside off of the rear, I'm not sure.

Back