• Register Today It's free!

Rear frame shackle bushing?

kzman28

Reaction score
City, State
kalamazoo,Mi
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 explorer sport
I have a 2002 ford explorer sport and need the out side diameter of the bushing in the frame for the rear shackle.I have the #f57z 5a546 aa. and ford can get them at $60.oo dollars a peice but in town here there is a spring and drive shop that can get them. I just need the out side diameter of them. Thanks in advance

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Energy Suspension 6810. Frame shackle bushing.
Old thread but I thought I'd write this down for other searchers since the only references I could find in my own recent searches were for the expensive ford part number or the complete Energy Suspension bushing kit, part number 2124. I burned my old bushing out, leaving the outer sleeve intact. This fit great inside that.

http://www.energysuspensionparts.com/6810

Energy Suspension 6810. Frame shackle bushing.
Old thread but I thought I'd write this down for other searchers since the only references I could find in my own recent searches were for the expensive ford part number or the complete Energy Suspension bushing kit, part number 2124. I burned my old bushing out, leaving the outer sleeve intact. This fit great inside that.

http://www.energysuspensionparts.com/6810

I just installed those a few days ago. :thumbsup:

Be careful with the full bushing kit. The rear frame and rear leaf eyelet bushings are all the same, BUT the front eyelets are not.

There is 1-5/8" and 1-78" eyelets. That kit will work for 91-94, but not for the larger eyelets found in most 2nd gen models. I just went thru this debacle this week. I had stock bushings installed at a spring shop, and all I used out of that kit was the frame bushings.

Good luck. On my 91 the left side was a ***** to burn out, and made me very nervous burning stuff that close to the fuel tank.

Back