Rear seats | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Rear seats

sucuse8

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
04 Limited
I recently bought an 04 limited and it doesnt have the bench seat in the back and I was wondering if anyone knew if it was possible to put in the usual bench seat and take out the console they have in there. Also, what would the bench seat usually run me. Thanks a lot. First post and I love the site!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Are you talking about the 3rd row seat to make a total of 7 seats?

Adding a 3rd row has been done.
Its not cheap.
You need the seat, mounting brackets, interior plastic panels (they have holes for the seatbelts)
And on top of that the carpeted floor panels are different when you have a 3rd row seat.

Do a search here...and google...There are aftermarket companies that make kits but the seat will face towards the rear.

junkyard, i seen the 2nd row and 3r row for about 200-300 for both on fleabay but the shipping will kill you .,

My local Ford dealers say that Ford does not make the middle seat to replace the console.

So now I am reaching out to all of you. If anyone is looking to swap for a console please let me know. I would love to trade a middle seat for a console. Thanks guys

Back