Rear Shock Upgrade Recommendations for Lowered Explorer IRS on '67 C10 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Rear Shock Upgrade Recommendations for Lowered Explorer IRS on '67 C10

SSCUN

Reaction score
City, State
El Monte
Year, Model & Trim Level
1967 C10 w/ 05 exp IRS
Hi All,

I welded in an 05 Explorer IRS on my 67 C10 and installed some 2.5" Belltech lowering springs (Manufacturer Part Number: 5310). Has anyone used these before... what are your reviews of the springs? Also, does anyone have recommendations on performance shocks for this setup? Anyone used the bilstein B6 4600? Are there shocks designed for other vehicles that can be used on the Explorer? There's not a lot of options out there for adjustable performance shocks for Explorerers. How about a mustang or earlier explorer--any interchangeability?

Thanks,

Shawn

Explorer 1.jpg

Explorer 2.jpg

Explorer 3.jpg

Explorer 4.jpg

Hi All,

I welded in an 05 Explorer IRS on my 67 C10 and installed some 2.5" Belltech lowering springs (Manufacturer Part Number: 5310). Has anyone used these before... what are your reviews of the springs? Also, does anyone have recommendations on performance shocks for this setup? Anyone used the bilstein B6 4600? Are there shocks designed for other vehicles that can be used on the Explorer? There's not a lot of options out there for adjustable performance shocks for Explorerers. How about a mustang or earlier explorer--any interchangeability?

Thanks,

Shawn

View attachment 172238

View attachment 172239

View attachment 172240

View attachment 172241
Anyone have any recommendations?

That sure is a sweet project you have going on!

My first ride was my dad’s ‘66 C10, 292ci straight 6 with ‘3 on the tree’. Almost needed two feet on the clutch it was so stiff, and 1st gear was so low I hardly used it, probably could have climbed a wall. Loved that truck!

Most here are lifting our Explorers. There’s a few ‘slammed’ trucks on the forum however, hopefully someone will come across your thread.

Here’s a free bump for your thread, good luck!

Looking for shocks to go with the Belltech lowering springs. Any recommendations? Just finished painting my frame and I'm trying to find a propper shock to purchase install before put the suspension together.

Thanks in advance!

1.jpg

Back