Rear suspension diagram & information. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Rear suspension diagram & information.

alfatipo

Reaction score
City, State
Portland OR
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 PT Cruiser
New guy, non-owner right now but I'm really interested in the Aerostar. Love the interchangeability with other Ford trucks.

I have read they have a 3 link (or multi-link) rear suspension similar to the Crown Vic? How similar?

Does anyone have a diagram of the rear suspension? What is the best manual for the Aerostar? Factory or Chilton/Haynes? Not checked that out yet.

Any LSD or locking options easily available for the Aerostar? I assume given the swap potential between the Fords (and I see a lot of Jeep references here) putting some trick rear-ends in is pretty common?

Anyway, thanks for any and all help. I'm sure there are plenty of other questions to come.

Jef
Portland OR USA

Thanks for the link and info. Did not realize that Autozone had such a feature. Pretty useful. I have a much better idea of the rear suspension now.

There was a recent eBay listing with pretty detailed photos of an Aerostar but I could not quite make out the design.

Thanks again.

Back