• Register Today It's free!

Rear Wiper

chub1953

Reaction score
City, State
Minnesota
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 Eddie Bauer
I have a 1999 EB the rear wiper blade is always stuck under the glass. I had a guy adjust it now it doesnt hardly touch the glass. Ive looked at other Explorers I dont see any differance with them. Would new arm help?

I had that same problem about a year ago all you have to do is gradually bend the metal arm that connects to the wiper until you see the results that your looking for. Have some one in the car turning the switch on and, off while your on the outside bending wiper arm, !NOTE! bend slowly until you see the results that your looking for.

Does the arm move in and out freely at the hinge? It should be easy to pull the wiper arm out away from the vehicle. My original wiper arm had a tight hinge that was causing the wiper blade to miss a lot of the glass (I didn't realize that the hinge was tight and causing the problems at the time). I tried bending the arm itself, but that gave me mixed results. I ended up replacing the wiper arm with a brand new OEM Ford part, and this is when I noticed how tight the hinge was on my old wiper arm. Since I installed my new wiper arm, the blade now makes great contact with the glass making for a perfect streak-free swipe.

Try lubricating the hinge with some lithium grease. My original was so tight that it would stay out if I pulled it away from the vehicle. The new one that I installed will not stay out like that. If you want a new arm, you can get them on eBay for around $40 if you get a new OEM Ford part.

Please search for 'rear wiper'. This has been covered literally hundreds of times.

Back