• Register Today It's free!

Rear wiper

D

Reaction score
City, State
Olympia Washington
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 ranger XLT off road
The rear wiper on my 91 sometimes works intermitently, some times fine, and right now it doesn't work at all. The squiter works though. It's not the fuse. Is it a problem with the swich, the wiper motor, or is there some sort of relay I need to check? :chug:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i wouldnt call myself a wiper expert, but id say your motor took a dump. lets see what the majority of people say.

Mine does not work either. One of these days i will take it in to get it fixed under the extended warranty but i would say it is the motor as well.

BTW Happy 1200th post Tbomb. Now stop making idiotic posts:rolleyes:

Originally posted by ok89
Mine does not work either. One of these days i will take it in to get it fixed under the extended warranty but i would say it is the motor as well.

BTW Happy 1200th post Tbomb. Now stop making idiotic posts:rolleyes:

NEVER! :mattmoon:

How should I test the motor?:smoke:

I have a 98 and the rear wiper scratches the paint everytime it goes back down into the rest position. the metal part that holds the rubber on hits the paint right below the glass. does this happen to anyone else?? any way to keep it from doing that or was it just a really bad design?

I dont think mine does that but mine doesnt work at all.

i simply removed my useless rear window wiper, no matte what i did it didn't work properly. now it doesn't do a damn thing, and i get really mad when people push the button and the wiperless arm scratches across my rear window. does everyone elses work fine? or are they all as crappy as mine/

Originally posted by expo5.0
i simply removed my useless rear window wiper, no matte what i did it didn't work properly. now it doesn't do a damn thing, and i get really mad when people push the button and the wiperless arm scratches across my rear window. does everyone elses work fine? or are they all as crappy as mine/

nah, theyre all junk. they never work right all the time. youre lucky if it works right some of the time :p

I replaced the motor for about $40 and it works fine now.

I also have a '98 XLT and its works sometimes but other times its kaput. Is this because of a fuse, the motor, or electrical

HELP!

mine was turning on and off whenever it wanted to
then i took it apart and found out the little thingy that holds the back plastic cover on the motor was separating from the botom of the motor.
i stuck a thick piece of paper in there and used some duck tape to hold it together ...
works fine now...
i wish i could explain it in better detail but ....i cant
good luck

Back