Redranger4.0, solid axle swap d44/9" | Page 14 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Redranger4.0, solid axle swap d44/9"

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

better finish before 2012! It would be a shame to waste all this hard work.

While all the idiots are hiding in their basements Ill be outside working on it because nothing is happening in 2012. :p:

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

I have an order in with Ruffstuff Specialties and Polyperformance for some brackets and misc tabs and stuff. I need to get oil lines made and then I can start the suspension.

5 years.....and Ive started mocking up the suspension.

DSC_0093.jpg

Meh, the pads will shave 'em down clean. Might be a bit dusty at first. :D

I plan on taking apart the outers and regreasing everything anyways so I can "clean" stuff up when I do that.

I measured my wheelbase last night. Going to be right around 128".

what are your plans for the 3rd link? Ive got a waggy dana 44 for my 00 and am either gunna go with a 3 link or radius arm set up. Hurry so I can copy your design haha.

now lets not rush him. he needs time to design a truck that will make him happy in the end.:D

I assembled my oil lines for the filter relocation. Stainless Steel braid -10 AN with Aluminum 90* swivel fittings. They look pretty bling.

I also started mocking up the upper link. I laid it all out and input all my data into the 3 link Calc. Panhard isnt in the right spot but it doesnt affect the numbers much.

current3link.jpg

Ok, since you've cut your rockers out already i'm gonna bug you about it:p:

I started cutting out my rockers just like yours and it's turns into a double wall mess once you hit the super cab part. I started with the angle grinder for the main cut then had to finish with the sawzall.

Once the cut was finished, there's a small gap in the supercab area on the underside of the cab. I may be able to close the gap with the inside wall sheet metal. Just wondered if you encountered the same issue when you cut yours and what you did about it.

I did run into that problem. I havent done anything with it yet. But I do plan on doing something down there.

Ugh I need to get off my ass and get out there.

Nice....you gonna have room to stuff your exhaust in there?

Nice....you gonna have room to stuff your exhaust in there?

Going to be tight. The pass. side foot well is more then likely going to be chopped up and clearanced to fit the exhaust. Nice thing about not having an interior is that I can just cut big holes in the floor.

At least now it is a "Low Mileage" 2000 ranger :D.

Yea, Prime condition minus the spots where the sawzall touched it. Its been "stored" for the past 5 years.

So much for finishing it this century. Back to the drawing board again....:D

They are a little crusty looking, but they both spin freely.

DSC_0287.jpg

DSC_0286.jpg

Back