• Register Today It's free!

Relay to a custom fuseblock?

Kevex

Reaction score
City, State
edgewater park,nj
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 XLT
I have quite a few accessories that I want to hook up and thought if anyone thinks this will work---> wire a relay to say a 4 output fuseblock then I can wire 4 accessories(or more depending on # of output I have) to that one relay correct? Then wire switches from each output to amp remote wire, neons, fog lights, cb etc. This way if I forget to turn off say the fog lights, when I turn off the car the relay will turn off cutting power to the accessories. I would fuse each acc. with correct amp fuse then total them up for the size relay I need. Would this work?

why don't you just run a wire from a acc. wire to the distribution block. this way when you turn your truck off everything else turns off.

You could also do the same with a relay, hook up the remote so that it switches on when the truck is on and off when it is off, then have the input be a "always-on" 12V source then connect the outputs to your acc. thru a fuse block. the relay will switch the power on & off to the fuse/distro block, but if you still wanted to you could add switches after the fuse/distro block for each acc.

---12V---[relay]---[fuse block]---[switch]---[acc]

Rydinhigh--If you just run all the accessories off the one acc. wire you would be drawing too much amperage from that little wire alone woouldn't you?

Pband599--thats what I want to do and like you said I would have a switch to each acc. so that I can turn any number of acc. off and still have the ones I wnat on.

Back