Remote Keyless Entry Options...nada on search | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Remote Keyless Entry Options...nada on search

kcrowe

Reaction score
City, State
Princeton, WV
Year, Model & Trim Level
'01 XLS 4x4
Ok. I've searched the forums high and low with a variety of search threads...dome light, flashing parking lights, parking light flash, keyless entry lights...but none of them answered my questions. That could be because it isn't possible, but anyway...

Is there a way to make the parking lights flash and dome light come on when unlocking the door? As well as making the parking lights flash when locked?

My dad's '03 Ranger...unlock with the remote and the dome light cuts on. Lock with remote and the parking lights flash. I want that on my Ex. I bought her used and she didn't come with a remote, so a friend gave me one. I programed it and it works fine...but all it does is unlock and lock. No light action at all.

I had a Tacoma and there were options you could do to make the doors all unlock at once, or the lights flash, or not flash, or make it chirp or not chirp, etc. Are there similar options on the Ex?

Any and all info will be appreciated as there was nothing in the Owner's Manual and I couldn't find anything on here.

I'm open to all suggestions...thanks in advance!!

I had a friend that works at an local audio store hook up an aftermarket keyless entry/alarm/remote start/LCD screen system for me. My parking lights flash while locking and unlocking, but the dome lights do not turn on. I'm sure they could hook it up like that if you went to a shop. There's gonna be a way for you to splice into the dome circuits which will allow this to happen. See if you can get a wiring diagram of your dads trucks alarm system (via Ford or AllData/ShopKey). Good luck.

-Drew

http://www.the12volt.com/index.asp Here's a link to a site that will have all the info you may need. I know it's help me out alot. I hope you find what you need good luck.

Albert

Thanks for the suggestions guys..but that's more than I'm willing to get into. I don't want to get into wiring and all that. If that is the only way to do it..not worth it in my book. I was hoping there was a way to do it via the key in the ignition, just as my parents' Caravan is and my Tacoma was. ....foward one notch, back one notch, turn on headlights, forward one notch, turn off headlights.....things that change settings in the computer.

But I do appreciate the suggestions and post..but I'm looking for more simple. After doing the brown wire mod and wiring up my fog lights...I've had it with wiring in the thing. lol.

Back