Repainted Trim

bigapple

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Baton Rouge LA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'02 XLS Touring
disregard my last post asking how to remove the rear bumper cuz i figured it out... i used Krylon Fusion paint on my faded grey trim and added a gloss black look... took a while and if u need instructions let me kno... this paint is very good... i went into a car wash that used a pressure washer and the paint didnt budge... and it dries in about 5 minutes... def a good buy for 2 5 dollar cans, and i still have half a can left over... here r the before and after pics

BEFORE....
2456765_16_full.jpg

2456765_23_full.jpg

And the result...

2456765_38_full.jpg

2456765_39_full.jpg

2456765_40_full.jpg

2456765_41_full.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Looks great man, definitely gives the truck a lot of definition.

Looks great man, definitely gives the truck a lot of definition.

i figured its a pretty unique thing to see... so sick of seeing the plain grey.. made it interesting:thumbsup:

Dude it looks great!

dude, let me know all the info....did you pull all of the trim first??? i almost went and painted my trim today that very color...except we have high wind since like 7 this morning...i am starting on my grill and light area first then maybe the fenders...i have a bad scrtch and missing paint on my oem drivers front and i need to find out what to do for that...my pics are in my sig...but most of all...your truck looks sharp...

I haye 2 tone.....it is an improvement though

dude, let me know all the info....did you pull all of the trim first??? i almost went and painted my trim today that very color...except we have high wind since like 7 this morning...i am starting on my grill and light area first then maybe the fenders...i have a bad scrtch and missing paint on my oem drivers front and i need to find out what to do for that...my pics are in my sig...but most of all...your truck looks sharp...

thanx man it was a pain in the ass haha... well yea i pulled off everything... did the fenders and bumper yesterday and finished up the front this afternoon... that krylon fusion paint works wonders... i had to touch up some spots and taped them off with paper and painter's tape to not have to pull the fenders off again cuz thats a pain... overall a pretty good result.. i painted my grille a few months back too cuz the black was faded on that as well... turned out nicely also.. and i redid the part under the windshield wipers cuz they were bad too... overall one of the best 10 bux ever spent

Very nice, I'm going to be doing that with my X sometime this spring. Glad to hear it holds up nicely.

looks different looks good

thanx to everyone for the good feedback..

Looks Great! I think I might do the same with my XLT (textured grey lower section). What type of prep did you do?

Looks Great! I think I might do the same with my XLT (textured grey lower section). What type of prep did you do?

the only prep required is to remove dirt by rinsing and make the surface dry for it to stick... it sticks better than freakin guerilla glue

just to let you know, it's all your fault...i had an idea about 2 months ago and then i seen your pics...i'll post pics monday...

I was thinking of painting the ,bumpers on my 2002 Sport, I dont like the grey bumpers, Will that Krylon paint chip at all?

I was thinking of painting the ,bumpers on my 2002 Sport, I dont like the grey bumpers, Will that Krylon paint chip at all?

hasnt done it yet for mine and it seems to be great... it has a flex coat so it doesnt really chip... sticks to it like a miracle

just to update everyone.. its been a while since i did the paint job and it hasnt seemed to fade one bit and no chipping

Same hear. I thought of doing it a while ago and not sure if I should do it or take it to a paint shop. Can you send me the directions you used?
Thanx, Jared G.

Looks damned good mate :)

Same hear. I thought of doing it a while ago and not sure if I should do it or take it to a paint shop. Can you send me the directions you used?
Thanx, Jared G.

sorry it took a while for me to respond... ive been on vacation and just got back...

what kind of directions do u need?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hi,
New to Explorer Forums. Does the paint come in a tan color. I like the two tone, but I would go tan to immitate the eddie bauer trim. BTW, I have a dark blue XLT with the beige leather trim

Thanks,

Back