Replaced clutch, bled system. No shift | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Replaced clutch, bled system. No shift

It does kind of sound like the pressure plate isn't engaging all the way. Which clutch did you get off ebay?

I am replacing mine this weekend however I got a new motorcraft slave from Tousley Ford and the 75 dollar clutch assembly from autoparts-express on ebay.

I am hoping you can get this resolved so maybe I can learn. I kinda need my X as well seeing as how my wife's Durango has trans issues and sucks way more gas than my X does.

The clutch kit I got off of ebay was supposed to be an acdelco clutch kit. What was inside was a sachs brand clutch kit. Basically what AZ and AAP sell. I'm beginning to think that the pressure plate wasn't tightened correctly, causing it to buckle a little bit. I don't know what else would cause it. Yesterday we worked on bleeding it. I'm pretty sure all the air is out because the clutch feels great. Best it's felt since I tore it apart. However I still don't have a release so it's getting torn down a 3rd or 4th time now. (I lost count).

never mind, guess i cant post image

Back