• Register Today It's free!

replacement speakers

hourang

Reaction score
City, State
Troy, MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 Sport
i just got a jvc hd-g420 cd player for my car and it didnt take long to blow a speaker, lol. anyway im looking for replacement speakers that have the best bass and arent rediculously expensive. im just looking for the best speakers for bass. what do you guys suggest?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Go to your local stereo store and listen to various speakers.

What is best for you is the ones that sound best to you.

Good luck .........

Your not going to get alot of bass from 5X7/6X8 speakers.
I do have Polk DB570's all around. They sound good, & have a high SPL rating.

Jason94sport said:
Your not going to get alot of bass from 5X7/6X8 speakers.
I do have Polk DB570's all around. They sound good, & have a high SPL rating.

what if i go with some 6 1/2s?

im really lookin to get something on ebay, i hate store prices on this stuff. so what is a good brand speaker to get for bass? and is it better if i went with component speakers if all i care about is bass?

hourang said:
what if i go with some 6 1/2s?

im really lookin to get something on ebay, i hate store prices on this stuff. so what is a good brand speaker to get for bass? and is it better if i went with component speakers if all i care about is bass?
-------
Components will be better for bass.
Go to www.crutchfield.com click on your vehicle, brose thrugh the speakers that will fit your vehicle, 5 1/4, 6", 6 1/2" 5x7, or 6x9's should show up. READ the reviews on each one of these to determine how good they are.
Remember these will be all the ones that will fit YOUR VEHICLE. Others may be to deep (rub the window) etc. to fit your vehicle.
I would be leary of ANY used speakers on E-Bay or anywhere else and I can't see saving much on new brand name good speakers there.

old mechanic said:
-------
Components will be better for bass.
Go to www.crutchfield.com click on your vehicle, brose thrugh the speakers that will fit your vehicle, 5 1/4, 6", 6 1/2" 5x7, or 6x9's should show up. READ the reviews on each one of these to determine how good they are.
Remember these will be all the ones that will fit YOUR VEHICLE. Others may be to deep (rub the window) etc. to fit your vehicle.
I would be leary of ANY used speakers on E-Bay or anywhere else and I can't see saving much on new brand name good speakers there.

cool thanks for the info. i got a lot of figureing out to do.

You will need adapters also to fit components. 5x7/6x8's are simple bolt in.

Back