Reply to Message problem

VinceL

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Frisco, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer Limited
I found that when I use the voice command to reply to a message, MFT reads out the correct destination phone number, but after I send the text, 9 times out of 10, it will send the reply not to the phone number it quoted (the correct one), but to my own phone. So all that ends up happening is that I sned messages to myself over and over again. As to why it sometimes works and other times does not, is anyone's guess!

Have ya heard of this one Rebecca?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I haven't used the function very much, as my wife is the one who drives the car most of the time. It could have been always like this. I have only used the function once or twice before and it worked then, but it just could have been dumb luck that it did as it was supposed to. I was driving the car for our road trip so I was able to play around with the functionality of MFT and that is when I noticed this problem.

My wife has sent texts manually a number of times without problem (and we have the same exact phone), so I know that the texting works as it should.

I haven't used the function very much, as my wife is the one who drives the car most of the time. It could have been always like this. I have only used the function once or twice before and it worked then, but it just could have been dumb luck that it did as it was supposed to. I was driving the car for our road trip so I was able to play around with the functionality of MFT and that is when I noticed this problem.

My wife has sent texts manually a number of times without problem (and we have the same exact phone), so I know that the texting works as it should.

I haven't come across this before, but I'll go ahead and report it to my support.

Rebecca

Thanks Rebecca. Your help is always appreciated :)

Guys,

I as well do not use the function always, but sometimes when I do it happens. FYI, when I send a message thru MFT, it is shown in my BB Torch.

Bobby

Guys,

I as well do not use the function always, but sometimes when I do it happens. FYI, when I send a message thru MFT, it is shown in my BB Torch.

Bobby

Thanks, Bobby! :)

Rebecca

Back