Resurrected 2017 Ford Explorer Sport | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Resurrected 2017 Ford Explorer Sport

edspecR

Reaction score
City, State
Norcal
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Ford Explorer Sport
Hello, relatively new member here--just took forever to come around to doing this intro.

Car guy at heart, needed a larger car to fit the growing family with the occasional weekend soft-roading camping trip option, so went into the market looking for a 3-row, awd platform that wasn't a toyota (i drive a tacoma for work, wife's car is a subaru--basically a toyota, and previous daily was a prius) or a minivan.

No stranger to salvaged cars, and do all the work on all of my cars on my own, so figured with shelter in place, i'll kill 2 birds.

Enter my pandemic project, 14 May of this year:
2017FordXSport1.jpg

Long story short, a few repairs, a bit of bending, a few replacement parts and the result, all titled, inspected and registered; 15 July:
IMG_20200710_184705.jpg

still a few things to chase down but overall very happy with how everything turned out. I'm a professional vinyl graphics installer so expect to see this in a different color some time in the future (not a fan of this magnetic color at all). Lift, A/T tires? yada yada its not a body-on-frame blah blah 4wd xfer case with low range blah blah but dude, i have 2 kids i want to go (dispersed) camping with, i can care less about rock crawling!

looking forward to learning more and contributing.

Welcome to the forum. Nice job on that Explorer.

Back