Return From Uwharrie | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Return From Uwharrie

no it was wet and daniel has a failr knarly washout on it since last weekends storms. If it were dry i would have tried it. Since last year though Daniel has gotten to be a really tough trail. The s turn is way rutted out and the ledge is taller than my truck is long with a washout right at the top of the ledge.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

zhanx said:
Caleb how the hell you break a window and not flinch i checked the tape you just keep drivin no flich or looking back!?!?!?!

Oh you did get that one tape? I was not sure :D
Well, I guess you could kind of look at it like getting shot at; you don't care who's shooting or where its hitting, because you're concerned about getting the F out of there!

ExplorerJimbo said:
i like the custom tape window! gives the truck that true offroad look haha... sorry dude, that sucks! :thumbdwn: ... but it happens!!!

It gives me an excuse to explore (no pun intended) the possibilities of being able to remove the back windows. I pmd Matt to see if he was still selling his canvas windows, but I want something that will keep the weather out. I am going to talk to my body shop guy and see what kind of materials he may have to fabricate removable rear windows. Even the thought of leaving the duct tape and just putting my stickers back on it had crossed my mind :rolleyes: :D

Limited Ex said:
Oh you did get that one tape? I was not sure :D
Well, I guess you could kind of look at it like getting shot at; you don't care who's shooting or where its hitting, because you're concerned about getting the F out of there!

It gives me an excuse to explore (no pun intended) the possibilities of being able to remove the back windows. I pmd Matt to see if he was still selling his canvas windows, but I want something that will keep the weather out. I am going to talk to my body shop guy and see what kind of materials he may have to fabricate removable rear windows. Even the thought of leaving the duct tape and just putting my stickers back on it had crossed my mind :rolleyes: :D

Havent seen you post in a while Caleb, Looks like yall had fun, cant wait till see the video..

Yeah, I have kind of reserved myself to lurking :D I keep an eye on the Trip Planning forum though.

And I have been spending a lot of time in Mustang forums also, because I got my grubby little hands on a new Mustang GT :cool: Now I have two project vehicles :(

Caleb have you considered using UHMW Plastic for the rear windows. Its the cutting board material and i think they make it transparent. I think it would be easier to fab up cause you could cut it with a jig saw and bolt it in using basic bolts and nuts through the lip the window gasket sits on.

I had thought about that for some skidplates, but did not know you could get it clear. Tomorrow I am going to go by my buddys body shop and see what he can get that might work. I did find a place where I can get a 24"x24" sheet of that stuff in black for $23 :D

get two and ill take one for a front skid.

ok i finished your side roll limited EX..

here is the link on megaupload.com.. ( dont worry i'll be doing the raw footage later and linking to it).

been super busy today so it took so long and the quality isnt the best on it but you can see it and be happy d@mn yous

i know it takes a minute before you can watch it but aleast you can watch it

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=373YUI1I

some one give me some webspace and i'll upload it there

Looks like a fun time. So, who in the groups was STOCK again?!

zhanx said:
ok i finished your side roll limited EX..

here is the link on megaupload.com.. ( dont worry i'll be doing the raw footage later and linking to it).

been super busy today so it took so long and the quality isnt the best on it but you can see it and be happy d@mn yous

i know it takes a minute before you can watch it but aleast you can watch it

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=373YUI1I

some one give me some webspace and i'll upload it there

Looks like that was ALMOST ugly, but turned out OK. Also looks like you guys didn't realize what was happening until you walked around to the other side of the truck! ;)

except for me the camera man

no one was stock, i was the smallest with TT/AAL/Shackles and 31s and i had no trouble at all.

John you rock :thumbsup:
Certainly looks a lot less dangerous from that angle!

yall could have used a 2wd sport up there ;) sorry guys i couldnt make it lets go again this weekend im down...haha

rizzjc said:
Looks like that was ALMOST ugly, but turned out OK. Also looks like you guys didn't realize what was happening until you walked around to the other side of the truck! ;)

Oh we realized it....we were still in the oh **** stage of realizing what was happening. It looked alot worse from the angle where we were standing.

I still think if he would have listend to his spotter... ME... and eased on forward it would have done the same thing as them rocking him till it slid forward. :D

Part of it was I still had the steering wheel turned to the right. Once I let it go, the wheels straigtened out and allowed me to move forward. Then gravity became my friend again :cool:

nissanboy said:
I still think if he would have listend to his spotter... ME... and eased on forward it would have done the same thing as them rocking him till it slid forward. :D

poop on that i got you on tape running to get your truck and a strap to get him out of there. i think lee was playing and it helped..

i unstucked him all by me self. ;)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have a vendetta against Kodak rock now... how dare it deny me the hard line! :fire:

I am going to lock the rear and get me some 5.13 gears and we will see if that rock ledge denies me again. I will woll over that rock with a vengence :fire:

Back