Reverse Guidance lines... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Reverse Guidance lines...

roush9799

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Ford Explorer XLT
Recently had my 2017 limited repaired from rear end damage, they replaced the whole lift gate. When I put the car in reverse the guidance lines are now gone. I go into camera settings and the only settings is to turn on or off the picture in the corner of the screen with the sensors around it. Are the guidance lines part of the camera or is there a setting I'm missing?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

According to other threads in this forum.. if the camera was replaced, it needs to be programmed for the guidance lines to appear. In my '17 limited there is not a setting to enable/disable them. Was the work done by a Ford dealership?

^^ That is correct. The camera has to be programmed to your vehicle. The dealership uses the IDS tool but some members have been successful using FORScan.

Peter

Ok, it was replaced by the dealer. Next time it goes in for an oil change I'll have them look at it unless I come across the for scan info first.

The 16 and up doesn't need the camera programmed when replaced. Try resetting your SYNC system and see if they come back. A short drive may be needed.

The 16 and up doesn't need the camera programmed when replaced. Try resetting your SYNC system and see if they come back. A short drive may be needed.
Wasn't aware of that Jason. I don't know if that was mentioned before. Thank you.

Peter

Back