• Register Today It's free!

rewiring amp

brinne19

Reaction score
City, State
Severna Park, MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
'00 Eddie Bauer
hey, currently i have a 2002 eddie bauer x w/ the mach audio system. I have a jl 500.1 (no hi-low converter) to a 12w6v2 in a 1 cubic ft sealed box. the problem is that i am running off of the high level inputs from the stock sub that is in the back. These are just taps off of the black wires that run from the amp to the sub. When i turn the bass up on the hu past the halfway mark it really starts to distort. Now i know its not the sub because i wasnt sure if it was but when i hooked it up in a friends car to from a amp running low-level inputs off of a stock hu it sounded much better. now i have located the wires descirbed in post Dead Link Removed

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The subwoofer plug has 10 pins, only 5 of them are used.
(Pin # - color - purpose)
1 - DG/VT - Subwoofer High Audio Mute(?)
2 - BK/LG - GROUND
3, 4, 5 - NOT USED
6 - LG/VT - Power (Hot all times from fuse #25)
7 - RD/BK - Subwoofer High Audio (-)
8 - BN/OG - Subwoofer High Audio (+)
9, 10 - NOT USED
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

but am confused about how to wire this. I am guessing these are the low level inputs for the amp? now i have a variable hi-low converter that i can variably adjust but my friend said all i have to do is tap the low-level inputs and soder an rca to the one end of the wire and run it directly to the amp. the problem, however, is how do u do this method of running the rca's if there is a positive and negative wire? would i have to re-run it through the variable hi-low converter then to the amp? hope i explained it well enough to understand lol, thanx for any help

no too familiar with mach audio systems, dont really understand what you are talkin bout. but if it has the low level inputs to the amp, (RCA cables), just put rca y-cables splitting the signal. My guess though is that there isn't low level inputs.(rcas)

nm i fixed what i needed to do, thanx anyway

Back