Right side rubbing only. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Right side rubbing only.

Guff

Reaction score
Any one having problems with the rubbing on just the right side of the front rear most portion of the fender. I have the 5.5" super lift and have had super lift warranty the springs for sag already once and have lowered my caster to apprx. 2.25 degrees to help move the tire forward. This has helped but still rubs on all right hand turns. My tires are 33x12.5 mud terrains on 10" wheels. I'm thinking of adding a 2" body lift to cure the problem. What do ya think?

I had this same problem. So I took a pair of tin snips to the inner fender well and fixed my problem for good. I also trimmed away some of the fender flair.

spacer

Trail Master makes a Coil Spacer, or shim to correct this problem. They are 1/4" thick, and fit under the spring. You can add up to 4 spacers, the first two have a cut out for the 1 and 1/8" stuc, and the second two have a round whole for the 9/16" bolt. These spacers may not be listed for the Explorer, but I know they are for the Ranger--Same Thing. I am running my own custom spacers 1" thick solid. I have a Rancho 2 1/2" kit, was rubbing on right side only. I have no tire rub now. The body lift should give you the extra hieght as well, and a fender trimming would also help. Doing all suggestions would be the best deal....you could maybe run 35's with these mods. Good luck!

Back