right turn signal buzzing!!! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

right turn signal buzzing!!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Do a search for "multi function switch" (turn signal stalk).
Sounds like yours has gone bad.

Hey dude,

I had this prob when my stereo got installed...

This was about 10yrs ago, but IICR there was an issue with the steering column - crack it open and have a fiddle around with the junk that's under the cover...my tech ended up zip tying a few wires and maybe a control box of some sort to tighten it all up...

worked for me...

BK

Its your multi function switch. They are around 68 bucks from ford.

Thanks to all that responded.Has anybody changed one?Is it easy or does it need to go to a garage.Also where is it located?

multi function switch

Thanks a bunch.I did what meatycrab said and all is well!!!Zip strips did the trick.

Hooray, I was useful for something!!

/off Zoidberg voice

had the same problem with my turn signals last week and I was due for a new sticker so I had to cough up the money. Bought the new multi function switch at a cost of $102.00 here in Massachusetts. Got it home and took the cover off my steering column and removed the switch. Installed the new one and the problem was still there! Removed the new switch, put it back in the box and put the old one back in. Put the column back together and after doing some searching came to the conclusion that I didn't require a $102.00 switch from Ford. I needed a $16 relay from autozone!!!!

After looking at my receipt I also discovered that electrical items are not returnable or refundable! After som serious argueing I was able to get the dealership to refund the money but they said they can't give cash back. They have to mail me a check even though I paid cash for the part.

Moral of the story is to make sure you check the cheap easy to replace solutions before buying the expensive parts for replacement cuz you might not need them :salute:

Back