• Register Today It's free!

Rock sliders being built

Lefy

Reaction score
City, State
Westchester, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 Sport 4x4 4.0 SOHC
OK i'm building my rock sliders for my sport from eigther 2x4 or 2x3 rectangular tubing some 5"x5" mounting plates and 4 x4 inch square stock tubing for the braces.

I've got it drawn up on cad and will be building them with the help of the offroad shop I work for Jds Offroad In Brewster New York and
we have got a few very experianced welders on hand and Once my protos are done we'll be doing a batch of bolt on sliders fully finished for the people on the site were looking to do a batch of 5 sets all at once this will probobly be a one time thing unless demand calls for it.

I've got the sliders drawn up on Cad and once i figure out how to post a picture for them I will. prices will be based on how much my protos cost.

so stay tuned...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

They sound like they will be able to take a beating!! That is a lot of steel. How heavy do you think they will end up being?
Good luck! They are really fun to build!!

Andy

sounds great to me, i've got some drawn up on paper for another welder to look at for me, how much do you think or know these will cost, when they would be ready and could u get ahold of a 4 dr so u can look/measure one of them, cause thats what i have.

any more info would be great, can u email pics of design to me, JPA1982@aol.com or just pm me on here, when all or any more of the info is available, thanks

Lefty,
I'm interested in a set of sliders for my 98 sport. Since that is what your building for, they should be perfect. What are asking for a set? Drop me a PM or e-mail me at: E.Halpern@att.net
Thanks,
E

Sounds like just what I am looking for too. Are you making them to be flush with a 3 inch body lift like your rig?

Lefy: Please post pics of your prototypes. I'm working on something, too but not quite as stout as those sound!

Jared: It sounds like Lefy's sliders might be the way to go for you unless the price is too much for your budget. I changed the design of my sliders and will be fabbing up something soon but, they'll not going to be real cheap to build.

Dave.

what is not cheap???? i mean i wouldn't have to pay shipping prob, cause we could just meet up and off road somewhere while making the transfer. email me the design u have dave if u don't mind, JPA1982@aol.com i'm just wanting something by this fall, that is somewhat like what i have in mind and for sure going to WORK, when i put it down on a big rock.

Jared,
As much as I would love to share design drawings with you, they exist only in my head (right now). And, once I have fabbed the prototypes, I'll be happy to post pictures and share a materials list. With respect to price, I'm going to be shipping the stock shock plates and the steel to a trusted friend in eastern New York for final assembly. So, there will be shipping costs and his shop time involved. If you have someone local to you that's capable of high quality welding, I'll be happy to tell you how to fab these. It will save you time and money. I'll send you an email and give you a general run down.

Lefy: sorry for highjacking your thread.

Dave.

Nice

I would like to see these also. I have designed sliders before with 2x2 by 1/4" thick. They have braces welded to the frame supporting the weight of the vehicle. Sounds like you have a good idea. Make sure they stick out a couple of inches to avoid the inevitable jumpin' rock! LOL

Joey

wow i'm glad i got some people interested.

ok i'm gonna be doing them with in the next two weeks for my protos
I can't get the cad pic to work so i'm gonna just explain them till i get a real life shot of mine.
ok

I'm doing 2x4 inch rectangular tubing it's eigther gonna be 3/16ths or 1/4inch thickness.
I'm pretty sure 3/16ths will be more then good enough and my boss said 1/4inch is gonna be way heavy. but bomb proof. he said 3/16s should work fine though. I haven't made the desicion but i'm gonna be ordering it before the end of the week.

it's gonna be 2x4 tubing sitting horizontally along the body right under the body. it should work great with the 3inch body lift. or even a 2inch body lift maybe even now body lift we should be able to make it work for anyone it' will just depend on how high or low you drill the holes for the bolts.

these should be sliders that will be bolt on you'll just have to clamp it to the frame in the place you want it drill holes in the mounting plates through the frame and bolt it up.

I'll know more about the priceing come next week.

I'm gonna see if I can get my hands on a 4 door to measure it up and figure out when the mounting bracket would go. for the 4 doors too..

this will probobly be a one time run of sliders. so get in on them while you can.

please just get us the expected shipping cost after the proto's are built, and pics, price,?thanks a lot, i know there is plenty of interest. good luck, can't wait to see the pics.

Ill volunteer my 4door for the prototype if I can get a discount:)

I"m very interested in a set for my 97 EB, 4 door. I'll give you a final answer after I see pics of the prototype(s), know more about mounting on a rig with no body lift and have final pricing / shipping / pickup information.

Keep me posted.

Thanks,
Jim

if they are under like $350 i'll definatly get some... was looking at building my own.

well i sure hope they are under 350, thought there were people already around that built them and sell them for like 200.

when can we expect to see the prototype and cost estimate?

Back