• Register Today It's free!

Roof rack cap replacement

dzeltman70

Reaction score
City, State
DFW TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Explorer Sport
So the roof rack cap popped off in the car wash and I didn't notice until I got home and the car wash threw it out by the time I got back. So having to order another one. I am confused on the color. I have a 2017 Sport and the two blacks are absolute black and carbon black. Not sure which one to order, but I am assuming the carbon black?

Any insight?

So the roof rack cap popped off in the car wash and I didn't notice until I got home and the car wash threw it out by the time I got back. So having to order another one. I am confused on the color. I have a 2017 Sport and the two blacks are absolute black and carbon black. Not sure which one to order, but I am assuming the carbon black?

Any insight?
There is a recall on those, same thing happened to me at carwash and after replacing I recieved a notice in mail from Ford that the plastic clips that hole them on are faulty. They replaced free of charge.

There is a recall on those, same thing happened to me at carwash and after replacing I recieved a notice in mail from Ford that the plastic clips that hole them on are faulty. They replaced free of charge.
Welcome to the Forum. :wave:

Peter

Back