• Register Today It's free!

running hho, too much fuel?

cpljenkins01

Reaction score
City, State
bunkerhill, wv
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 explorer 4x4 sport
i have a 91 4.0 explorer with a hho genorator that goes into the intake behind the air temp sensor and a resistor on the air temp sensor on the intake and a resistor on the o2 sensor that i bought online (they called it a chip but all it is a resistor). It has new wires and all new e3 plugs. i did the little trick where you cut one half of the intake plate out and shave down the screws so you get better air flow. i took the ac out and relocated the air intake to the same side as the washer bottle and coolant bottle with one of those electric plastic supercharger on it. i have one of those little tornado things that goes in your intake. the cat is gutted with a flowmaster 40 series muffler. needless to say........... when i am at a low rpm and give it gas it spits and sputters like i am getting too much fuel. can i get a adjustable fuel preasure regulator or take off one of the resistors cuz it gets on my nerves and would like to fix it. even worse when i run 2 hoses off the genorator. i get between 280 and 300 mile out of a tank with 5.5 inchs of lift and 31 inch tires. i would like more out of it but dont want to do anything else till i fix the first problem.

Back