Russ's (99ex22) 4406 Swap Thread

99ex22

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Wilsonville, Oregon
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 5.0L 4x4 Eddie Bauer

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Since its on Fleabay, why not ask the seller the same question?
Are you familiar with LKQ Foster Auto Parts in Portland OR?
I went on www.car-part.com and found that they have 2 Manual Shift BW4406 transfercases for $150.24 each (one of them only has 67K miles!), which seems to be a killer deal. I don't know how far of a drive that is for you but for that price, it might be worth the drive.
(Stock # S70987 has 67K, Stock # F82964 has 170K)

!BmMCi(!!2k~$(KGrHqIH-EQEtq40uHeZBLevYjuOkQ~~_35.jpg

^^^ 4406 Manual

w-213-tc-sm.jpg

^^^ 4406 Electric

Since its on Fleabay, why not ask the seller the same question?
Are you familiar with LKQ Foster Auto Parts in Portland OR?
I went on www.car-part.com and found that they have 2 Manual Shift BW4406 transfercases for $150.24 each (one of them only has 67K miles!), which seems to be a killer deal. I don't know how far of a drive that is for you but for that price, it might be worth the drive.
(Stock # S70987 has 67K, Stock # F82964 has 170K)

oh sweet! thanks man. It's only a 30 minute drive for me, Ill give them a call.

Alright! I got her! She's coming monday afternoon. 150.00 plus 50.00 core charge for the 67K one :D Im pretty excited about this!

great price!!!

Yeah I pretty much stole it. Thanks to my pos mounty for finding it! It will probably be another month or so before I have all of the parts for it.

nice nice, I have not seen that scatter shield before....

I found my drive shafts for 75.00 a piece from a local wrecking yard. Ill probably pick those up Thursday. No luck on the linkage though. I called just about everywhere except for ford of course. One place did have a 1999 f-150 with a manual t-case.

If I were to get the linkage out of the 150 would I have to remove the T-Case?

probably not. All you have to do is unbolt the linkage from the tcase and then find pull it through the floor of the f-150

I'm going to be installing these bad boys tonight at my work...
picture.php

They're made out of 6061-T6 aluminum rather than the nylon stuff the P.A ones are made out of and they seem a little smaller in diameter so I'm hoping they wont make any noise....

1" body lift in progress...
picture.php

1" body lift done...
picture.php

next to my coworkers 1st gen...
picture.php

picture.php

It took us about 5 hours to complete. we had to tilt the radiator slightly at an angle to keep the fan from hitting, drill out the mounts directly behind the rear seats and use 5 1/2" bolts, drill out the very front mounts and use 5 1/2" bolts and that was it!...went pretty smooth and now she's ready for the 4406:D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Lookin pimp. I need this transfer case I think. :(

Back