SAS on Second Gen.....my offer to you | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

SAS on Second Gen.....my offer to you

CoryL

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Louisville, KY
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 Eddie Bauer
The FIRST person that lets me have their 2nd Gen Explorer for a month will get a leaf sprung swap using whatever axle they want or can provide for $200 over my cost.

All brackets, springs, shocks, steering, etc., for whatever my cost is + $200 in labor. That is DIRT cheap.

I can get the axle geared and locked for you for an additional price. If the axle needs parts, brakes, calipers, seals, u-joints, etc., it is your responsibility. I can get and install them for another small fee.

You either provide the axle or I can find one (probably cheaper if you provide) for you. Wheels and tires (I can get them too), brakelines, etc is all up to you.

I would need the vehicle beginning November 9th and will have it completed one month later barring nothing major popping up along the way.

So who is up for it?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Damn it Cory!!! Why can't you have a deal for us first gens? Oh and live closer to me. Would I get a little better deal for driving mine 1800 miles to you?:)

I'll give you my vehicle... It will be outside my house waiting for you to come down here to Venezuela...;) If you leave today, I think you will arriving Louisville by November 8, a night of sleep and get to work on 9... At that time, the front tranny will be all fwaked up and it will justify the SAS!! LOL!!;)

Why I live down here!?!?

Cory, I take it you plan to come out with a SAS 'package'. Way to take the ball and run with it!
Props to you, this is HUGE!

oh man... hrmm i always talk bad about SAS price and time...but ummm thats excellent! even though id prefer coilsovers like your rig CoryL. Come out with a standard kit kinna thing and maybe ill blow tax returns on it :) Cause im waaay to far away...

dang.. that's pretty cool

wish i had some extra cash laying around right now.

thanks for that offer to us all cory. i'll be looking you up if my X ever makes it that far up the big dawg list.

if it could be done with 6" or less of lift i would possibly consider it. it seems that 8" or so is necessary because the frame doesn't have the curve in it?
i'd also want to spend the extra for a coils setup i think.

i'd do it for the ease of not having all that crap up front to try to figure out is popping, squeaking, or whatever.

i think your offering a great deal. wish i had the means to take advantage of it right now.

6" or less lift. Not sure. Don't know till I do it.

I usually never measure lift. I think it is useless.

My theory is that as long as it is tall enough to clear the desired tires (with trimming for me) while retaining a low center of mass it is a success.

Unforunately this offer only applies to leaf springs. Coils are a LOT more work and would require some more compensation for my time.

I am SERIOUSLY considering buying a cheap 2nd Gen just to do a SAS on it and keeping it as a business vehicle.

Damn it! I liive in austin TX and cannot afford the time off to xfer it over there... (Just took 2.5 weeks off, and want the christmans-new years fun too). I will however guarantee that i'll purchase your first kit. That's a promise.

Cory what would be an estimate on the price if i gave u the axle thats it. Whats the general ball park.

dang..wish i lived closer and had another x to do this to..lol

I am almost certain that this offer is over and done!:D

Damn, that sucks. No one really replied saying they wanted to do it. I would still like to wonder what the price would be though.

Cory started a new thread with an even sweeter deal on the SAS.

I volunteered!:D

Pics

Go ahead and show him where the project led to Robb....:D

Originally posted by JoshC
Go ahead and show him where the project led to Robb....:D

:D

Attachments

• checking account copy.jpg
    checking account copy.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 177

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Oh Damn, thats funny!

I know the feeling Rob. Well, OK maybe not. I'm driving my Exploder today......:D:D:D

Back