• Register Today It's free!

Satellite Radio Frozen

rmp301

Reaction score
City, State
Yonkers, New York
Year, Model & Trim Level
2012 Explorer XLT
Well now it seems that my Sirius Radio is frozen on Channel 6 with the last song playing frozen on the screen. AM/FM still operable, but the screen won't release from channel six. Spoke to Sirius who attempted a reset to no avail ......... Says the truck has either a bad tuner or satellite modual and needs to go back into Ford for repair. Set to go in next wed for tests to be done. All this money spent and it's like driving around in an 8 yr old car .......... seriously .......... This truck is just a big headache!!!!! :mad:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

did you do a MFT master reset?

did you do a MFT master reset?
No, as it seems to be the modual in the radio itself. Other sirrius functions like travel link are still up and running. I'll just let Ford handle things as I don't know why we are expected to trouble shoot and repair items on these new trucks! :eek:

No, as it seems to be the modual in the radio itself. Other sirrius functions like travel link are still up and running. I'll just let Ford handle things as I don't know why we are expected to trouble shoot and repair items on these new trucks! :eek:

I think that's a good idea! Let me know how your dealership visit goes.

Rebecca

I think that's a good idea! Let me know how your dealership visit goes.

Rebecca
OK ....... They were real helpful and said they would run a diagnostics test on the radio itself.

OK ....... They were real helpful and said they would run a diagnostics test on the radio itself.

When are you taking your Explorer in, or have you already?

Rebecca

When are you taking your Explorer in, or have you already?

Rebecca
It was schedualed for tommorow, but on sat, the radio unfroze and all is well. I've used it over the Labor day weekend and it hasn't reared it's ugly head, so I cancelled the appointment. I've heard that with a frozen system, there is a digitally signed app from Ford that will perform a delayed reboot for SYNC ..... Is that true?

It was schedualed for tommorow, but on sat, the radio unfroze and all is well. I've used it over the Labor day weekend and it hasn't reared it's ugly head, so I cancelled the appointment. I've heard that with a frozen system, there is a digitally signed app from Ford that will perform a delayed reboot for SYNC ..... Is that true?

Yes, that's true. You can find it here:

http://outofmytouch.com/reboot.html

Just so you know, it doesn't work in all cases. If your system has a blank/black screen, the reboot app generally won't fix it.

Rebecca

Yes, that's true. You can find it here:

http://outofmytouch.com/reboot.html

Just so you know, it doesn't work in all cases. If your system has a blank/black screen, the reboot app generally won't fix it.

Rebecca
Maybe we need System reboot on the screen ....... Seems that would help with a hiccup of this nature instead of pulling a fuse to reset the system. Might be worth passing along .... a fuse pull is more difficult then a system reset button. ;)

Maybe we need System reboot on the screen .......)

+1 non that!

I have used the reboot software mentioned and it works really well. In fact I use it when I see my MFT starting to act a little weird and so far have avoided any issues. For the record I reboot my PC at work because it also gets funky after continued use without shutting down so why not do the same with the MFT in my Limited. I think it is just running out of memory and a reboot frees it up....

Maybe we need System reboot on the screen ....... Seems that would help with a hiccup of this nature instead of pulling a fuse to reset the system. Might be worth passing along .... a fuse pull is more difficult then a system reset button. ;)

That's a great idea; I've passed it along to my support. :)

+1 non that!

I have used the reboot software mentioned and it works really well. In fact I use it when I see my MFT starting to act a little weird and so far have avoided any issues. For the record I reboot my PC at work because it also gets funky after continued use without shutting down so why not do the same with the MFT in my Limited. I think it is just running out of memory and a reboot frees it up....

Hey, George!

I haven't seen you around in a while. How's everything been with you, and your MFT?

Rebecca

Hey, George!

I haven't seen you around in a while. How's everything been with you, and your MFT?

Rebecca

Hi Rebecca!

I've been working too much! :thumbdwn:

So far as I mentioned about the MFT has had no issues. I do step in and reboot when I see any weird screens and/or other quirks. That aside all is going rather well with MFT..thank you!!!

Hi Rebecca!

I've been working too much! :thumbdwn:

So far as I mentioned about the MFT has had no issues. I do step in and reboot when I see any weird screens and/or other quirks. That aside all is going rather well with MFT..thank you!!!

At least you're makin' some $$$! ;) That has to make it a little better for you. LOL

I'm happy to hear Sam's being good for you. If you have any issues that you can't resolve with a reboot, you know where to find me!

Rebecca

Back