saw My first modified X other than mine | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

saw My first modified X other than mine

beast

Reaction score
City, State
Mukilteo, WA
Year, Model & Trim Level
92 XLT
Hey, anyone around her driving a white explorer, lifted, around Shoreline, WA tonight on I-5? Looked nice! the blitzed by me at about 75 (I drive slow).

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Where did you get your clear corners? How much?

procarparts.com for 44.99, somebody just move this to performance lighting now haha

saw My first modified X other than mine
We have something in common, I dont see any here either. Kinda bites.

Originally posted by redrig
We have something in common, I dont see any here either. Kinda bites.

Neither do I - basically because I don't count stickers and new wheels that are the same size as stocks as being modified... ;)

I dont really consider mine modified... yet. But thefirst one I saw was about 1995. The guy still had it last year but I haven't seen it since. It was two tone brown and tan with a 4" lift and I think 32's. That might have been what promted me (along with my wife getting an "x") to buy mine. Wow!

I'v never seen another modified X anywhere in my area.

Well there are 3 of us in the west chester area that I know of. and a few more that want to do some mods. Oddly enough I have been involved in the mods on all of the explorers around here that are modded to my knoledge.

none like mine

but since all of my mods....I have seen more and more modded trucks..... lol someone even put a winch that was obviously made for use with a Quad on their truck...none ever looked like they ever been or would ever see offroad..

Karol

The only trucks in my area are explorers with bigger stereos and window tint. My truck was lowered but now is lifted (only tt and shackles) and some of the other explorer owners look at me like I am on crack for modifying it in ways other than putting a loud system and tinting the windows. I guess people around me only like lifted jeeps and lowered s10s and not lifted or lowered explorers.

that is mostly true about explorers in this area. Seems like its all about tint and stereos. Thats cool also but you gotta be lifted

You know, there aren't that many around that are modded, but that just makes to that much greater. I love to pull up next to a stock X looking down on them. hehe

Mine would be lifted but I am a poor college student. :(
Any one want to donate to my ex fund for a 4-inch lift and a set of 33s.

Cant help you with the cost, but if you come on tuesday I can help with the labor when you get a lift.

I've seen one in Bloomington. I only know of one other member here, BlueOx, but i've never seen his truck so I don't know if it was his. Pretty nice looks like a SOA and pretty good meats. Other than that and mine which isn't lifted alot....yet I haven't seen any. Oh I forgot about one horid 1st gen..lime green, 22" gold wire wheels...'bout cried.

In a year or two indiana will have probably have another ex with an SAS....mine!

Later
CP :D

Help with labor you say? lol.
Im in the greensburg area (about 30 miles east of Pittsburgh. I woul make the trip to gettysburg for some help. I am CLUELESS!!, but i do want a 2 inch lift.

Back