Scope's Audio Build Thread | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Scope's Audio Build Thread

Damn, I'll be 33 in a couple months.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Old age, lol. How old are you Hugh?

Country actually has the best best lines for competition events. "Thunder Rolls" by Garth Brooks held the number one bass (db) level four years in a row back in the nineties.

False.... Dubstep wins every single bass contest in the world... (not proven) but probably true.

Im hitting the big Two Oh

You're too young to remember bass competitions from back in the '90's. He'll you were only two years old back then, lol. There was a guy with a Dually Chevy Suburban with twelve 18"'s running in the 6k+ watts class that kept winning the "SuperBowl of Bass". He was just a regular guy beating "Dr. Crankenstein", "GooseBumps", and all the other major competitors out the running a full Orion setup. He still drives the truck around and compete's. he's from western Pa. Just outside of Pittsburgh. IIRC in '96 or '97 he was dethroned by a guy with a '64 Impala from Arizona that beat him by 1 db, it shocked everyone in the competition world. I still have the MBQuart component set I won in my first small competition. Car audio completely changed in the 2k's, alot of the competition companies like Orion, Cerwin Vega, etc... went either mainstream or closed up shop. Too many companies out there now just sell disposable sound equipment. Nothing really as good as they once were. JMOO. I've been out of the competition world for close to 10 years now though.

I remember that 'Burban, never saw it in person but plenty of times in magazines. I went to local db comps but never really won anything. I had a few friends here in Cincy that were pretty into it. I used to think loud bass was all you needed but I am getting old and don't want to loose what hearing I have left.

@Rebel- I was just saying that dubstep is a music based on bass (no pun intended). Without lyrics or anything else to put focus on, very dynamic and powerful notes are used.

Sorry I didnt reply sooner. I had food poisoning all day and night yesterday

Ok I feel old, what is dubstep? Rave music? What's a name of a group so i can check it out.

man, i remember when slump was big stuff in the 90's. youre right about companies making garbage components these days. that because the trend is to go smaller. instead of getting a nice set of klipsch or bose 901's for your living room, now everyone listens to music on their laptops and iphones and now its all about headphones. i remember when cerwin vega was still a great brand, and nakamichis were awesome competition components. im ok with change though, i recently sold all of my alpine subs and amps i took out of my old suv. it was just taking up room that is needed for camping gear.

Probably the beast of all subs was the Cerwin Vega Stroker, that thing was freakin' awesome. More db's and sheet metal ripping power then any sub out there in the same sizes.

Dubstep is a kind of spin off of techno (but not really). Dubstep is usually around 140bpm, and focuses on bass and sub bass notes with either synth effects or female voices (usually glitches and edited). It's not really a dance music either. Very new and very unique. Song tend to be remixes (dubfixes) or use samples from other songs too.

A good middle-of-the-road song would be Youth by Foxes (Adventure Club Remix).

Ya what's the deal with all the cerwin vega stuff? Sonics had a huge sale on their amps

I have no idea.

I haven't bought any new stereo equipment since Cicuit City went out of business and I bought over $2k worth of (6x9's, 6x8's, 6.5") new speakers and the equipment from the install garage for $125. I cleaned them out. Still have a bunch of new sets in my basement.

I have no idea.

I haven't bought any new stereo equipment since Cicuit City went out of business and I bought over $2k worth of (6x9's, 6x8's, 6.5") new speakers and the equipment from the install garage for $125. I cleaned them out. Still have a bunch of new sets in my basement.

O RLY - Looking to redo my door speakers... :) Whatcha got?

I'd have to look, I have them in big boxes so they didn't get damaged. I sold a bunch at the swap meet a couple years bck so I need to see what I have left.

Also Interested if you have any component setups :)

I think the only component set I have is a 6.5" with seperate tweeter in line crossover MBQuart setup these were the only speakers I have ever paid full price for because they were just that badass (rarely used them). I don't have the original box for these because I had them in my old S-10 show truck.

I have two 6" and two 6x9" Sony Xplod door speakers with a Xplod Headunit, a Pioneer 10" Sub with a 450w Alpine amp, and i just recently wired in 4 Power Acoustik tweeters, and I love every bit of it. However the sub is in a box that is too big. I need to find the measurements for an under the seat box. I might try and get one built sometime soon. Anyone know if they are difficult to build?

You can have mine for $40 plus shipping. Still like brand new with the foam inside it and everything. :)

Asked and answered...

picture.php

picture.php

You don't "have to" make all the little notches on the bottom, I didn't when I built mine but mine has been sitting in my basement since because I sold all my amps.

Where's the picture's Scope?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Where's the picture's Scope?

patience :D getting a decent paycheck soon and I think Imma start buying stuff.

Sounds like my box is gunna get a new home so I may make a little project in getting my front speakers powered and go without a sub for awhile. 1st thing Im gunna get is my new box.

Back