• Register Today It's free!

seafoam ? and one other

6thirty6

Reaction score
City, State
orlando fl
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 v8 awd
long time lurker and now member, awesome site!!
over the weekend i broke down and did seafoam through the brake booster trying to cure a misc hickup at idle in gear which i still have no idea why it happens? not a miss fire. anyways after the seafoam my idle is stuck at about 1300 rpm. i cleaned TB, disconnected battery, cleaned maf and tps with electrical cleaner and no luck? any suggestions to the high idle or random hickup in gear at redlight? thanks in advance:)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the site. How long has it been since you did the Seafoam? It needs to be burned out of the system via a "spirited" drive.

seafoamed it saturday, been driving it like its stolen since then and its still the same and still pinging too?

lto cure a misc hickup at idle in gear

Please elaborate in detail what you mean by hiccup.

my idle is stuck at about 1300 rpm. i cleaned TB, disconnected battery, cleaned maf and tps with electrical cleaner and no luck

For the high rpm idle my first thought would be throttle cable linkage is sticking somewhere. You can try unplugging the MAF and running the engine a short time to determine if that improves the smoothness of the idle. I don't have enough knowledge to help you beyond that. 2000StreetRod will be along shortly he's stuck in the telephone booth changing at the moment.

as for the hickup i will be in gear at a redlight and a few times a day the idle will drop like its about to stall for about literally a second and continue running, its weird. have never felt it before in any other vehicle. its not a misfire i know that.

thanks ill try unplugging the maf tomorrow and see.

Brake booster method is not very effective on the 5.0. You get uneven coverage. I've noticed very little improvement both times I've tried it. I've heard most of the cylinders don't even get hit. Use the PCV method for the V8. MUCH more effective. Great thread on it in the archives.

i unplugged the maf and no difference.

celly- ill try that method here soon, thanks

sounds like a dirty idle air control to me,,

i cleaned it approx month or two ago? but i was thinking the same thing. i also while it was running smacked it alil with a hammer to see if it would drop, if anyone else knows that trick.haha no luck for me

Back