Seafoaming must always lead to something good... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Seafoaming must always lead to something good...

headrush

Reaction score
City, State
Mount Pleasant, SC
Year, Model & Trim Level
2010 Nissan Frontier SE
You know I've read a lot about Seafoam on these boards so I figured I'd try it out for myself, because like many of you I was suffering from a terrible idle at startup, with my RPM needle bouncing up and down and the whole vehicle shaking and almost cutting off. Well I bought some seafoam today and upon trying to find where the air intake hose was, I found that the crankcase ventilation hose right beside it had been disconnected. I'm not sure how long it had been like this (I'm guessing since I had my alternator replaced by a mechanic, so a couple of months ago), but right away I figured it probably played a huge part in my idling problems. Regardless, I still found the air intake hose, disconnected it (and the MAF) and inserted the seafoam. Let it sit about 20 min. and I started her right up, no rough idle, just smooth as silk after a few seconds and very little white smoke out of my tailpipe, which I assume is a good thing. So far it's been starting up and running like a dream, knock on wood. Just wanted to share my success story...another firm believer in Seafoam and paying closer attention when under the hood :p:

sweet i need to seafoam mine also (and oil change, trans change diff's change transfer case change...) lol

An un-metered vaccum leak from the hose being disconnected was probably the root cause of your problems. Glad it's running well again.

Back