• Register Today It's free!

Seat Belt warning buzzer

fvracer27

Reaction score
City, State
Manchester, NH
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Sport Trac
can anyone tell me how to shut that dam thing off?

Mark

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

yes with the seat belt buckled. i'm sure it must have some kind of switch on the seat buckle I just don't want to spend money to fix the stupid thing.

Mark

under the seat there is a harness coming from the buckle arround the inner side of the concole area and leading down under the floor mat to a connector. cut wires above the connector (buckle side) and splice together.

when the buzzer goes off just push the release button on the seat belt and it will stop buzzing

Is it the Beltminder feature that you're wanting to disable?

The BeltMinder feature can be deactivated/activated by performing the following procedure: Before following the procedure, make sure that: The parking brake is set. The gearshift is in P (Park) (automatic transmission) or the neutral position (manual transmission). The ignition switch is in the OFF position. All vehicle doors are closed. The driver safety belt is unbuckled. The parklamps/headlamps are in OFF position (If vehicle is equipped with Autolamps, this will not affect the procedure). Seating and safety restraints To reduce the risk of injury, do not deactivate/activate the Belt Minder feature while driving the vehicle.

1. Turn the ignition switch to the RUN (or ON) position. (DO NOT START THE ENGINE.)

2. Wait until the safety belt warning light turns off. (Approximately 1-2 minutes.) Steps 3&5 must be completed within 60 seconds or the procedure will have to be repeated.

3. Buckle then unbuckle the safety belt three times, ending with the safety belt unbuckled. This can be done before or during BeltMinder warning activation.

4. Turn on the parklamps/headlamps, turn off the parklamps/headlamps.

5. Buckle then unbuckle the safety belt three times, ending with the safety belt unbuckled. After step 5 the safety belt warning light will be turned on for three seconds.

6. Within seven seconds of the safety belt warning light turning off, buckle then unbuckle the safety belt. This will disable BeltMinder if it is currently enabled, or enable BeltMinder if it is currently disabled.

7. Confirmation of disabling BeltMinder is provided by the safety belt warning light flashing four times per second for three seconds.

8. Confirmation of enabling BeltMinder is provided by: The safety belt warning light flashing four times per second for three seconds. Followed by three seconds with the safety belt warning light off. Once again, the safety belt warning light will flash four times per second for three seconds.

9. After receiving confirmation, the deactivation/activation procedure is complete.

Is it the Beltminder feature that you're wanting to disable?

The BeltMinder feature can be deactivated/activated by performing the following procedure: Before following the procedure, make sure that: The parking brake is set. The gearshift is in P (Park) (automatic transmission) or the neutral position (manual transmission). The ignition switch is in the OFF position. All vehicle doors are closed. The driver safety belt is unbuckled. The parklamps/headlamps are in OFF position (If vehicle is equipped with Autolamps, this will not affect the procedure). Seating and safety restraints To reduce the risk of injury, do not deactivate/activate the Belt Minder feature while driving the vehicle.

1. Turn the ignition switch to the RUN (or ON) position. (DO NOT START THE ENGINE.)

2. Wait until the safety belt warning light turns off. (Approximately 1-2 minutes.) Steps 3&5 must be completed within 60 seconds or the procedure will have to be repeated.

3. Buckle then unbuckle the safety belt three times, ending with the safety belt unbuckled. This can be done before or during BeltMinder warning activation.

4. Turn on the parklamps/headlamps, turn off the parklamps/headlamps.

5. Buckle then unbuckle the safety belt three times, ending with the safety belt unbuckled. After step 5 the safety belt warning light will be turned on for three seconds.

6. Within seven seconds of the safety belt warning light turning off, buckle then unbuckle the safety belt. This will disable BeltMinder if it is currently enabled, or enable BeltMinder if it is currently disabled.

7. Confirmation of disabling BeltMinder is provided by the safety belt warning light flashing four times per second for three seconds.

8. Confirmation of enabling BeltMinder is provided by: The safety belt warning light flashing four times per second for three seconds. Followed by three seconds with the safety belt warning light off. Once again, the safety belt warning light will flash four times per second for three seconds.

9. After receiving confirmation, the deactivation/activation procedure is complete.

Beautiful that worked perfect thank you very much :thumbsup:

Mark

I thought that was an elaborate prank to make someone feel stupid :p I will be doing this tomorrow tho :D

I thought that was an elaborate prank to make someone feel stupid :p I will be doing this tomorrow tho :D

Haha! Step 10. After completing these steps, look in mirror to see a fool lol!

That would be a good prank to pull on somebody.

oh the last step is you have to get out of the truck and do a cheer saying seat belt buzzer go away or it will not work :D

really it does work.

Mark

I tried this about 4 times after I read it and it still isnt working for me:scratch:

I tried this about 4 times after I read it and it still isnt working for me:scratch:

I have an '04 sport trac and in my manual it says to buckle and unbuckle the belt 9 times. After the 9th time the airbag light comes on and within 3 seconds buckle/unbuckle once more and it will turn off the belt minder.

Having said that, the belt minder does sound the first time when I am driving but after the first chime it stops.

Thanks, I will have to read through the manual tomorrow and try it out

I have a 2003 and I start the truck,its in park then I just buckle and unbuckle until the light stays off when unbuckled, I think its around 10 times or so, but it works fine,just have to do it everytime the truck gets shut off

Confirmed, this worked on my 05 XLT.

I do a lot of surf fishing and take the truck on the beach, it's very difficult and a pain to get the seat belt over chest waders. I would be fine with a simple chime or light on the dash when moving from spot to spot, but man, that alarm is annoying!!!

Thanks, this is exactly what I was searching for

Back