Seat Cover Interchange 97 - 98

4jbshere

Reaction score
City, State
Chicago, IL
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 EB
Hi All,

Does anyone know if the driver and passenger seat covers from a 98 Limited Explorer will fit on a 97 Eddie Bauer Explorer?

Thanks,

JB

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I don't think so, the Limited EX has seperate head rests, while the Eddies are a one piece seat... I think.

Ugh. I cant win. Thanks for the info, you saved me from buying the wrong parts.

JB

Also when you're looking, make sure you have the correct seat-bottoms. The stationary thigh support seats won't fit the pull-out thigh support models...

In '97 they also made the seat bottom larger, I guess for larger people, and then apparently realized that it took up more space, and I think they went back to the smaller seat in '98. Going on memory from when I bought my truck.

Thanks for all of the feedback guys. I cant believe I cant find a decent tan drivers seat cover for a 97 EB. Any suggestions?

Contact ped5stang on the the forum. He has used Explorer parts. Might have what you need. If you wanted to get crazy, it might be possible to cut down the foam to fit a cover from a different model year. I suspect the frame is the same size. Just a guess.

Back