Second Row Tumble Seat Brackets | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Second Row Tumble Seat Brackets

unixadm

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 PIU Ecoboost
I have a 2015 Explorer Police Utility and I'd like to replace the seats with the civilian versions to gain 2nd row tumble and improved power seat controls up front.

The second row police seat bolts down front and rear which is different than the civilian model second row seat. On that seat, it bolts down in the front but uses I believe four quick release latching attachments on the back side to allow it to release to tumble forward.

What I need to know is if the brackets which I believe the seat interfaces with are removable from the floor? I'd need to source these rear seat latch brackets so that the civilian seat would have something to latch onto.

Does anyone have any pictures of the rear seat brackets or know the part numbers (if they exist)?

Peter,

I have tried searching but thus far, I have not found the bracket assembly which bolts to or is part of the floor in the civilian Explorer. If I could find someone locally parting one out, that would be the ideal scenario but they are few and far between. The ones I've found have been stripped of parts and crushed.

Regards,David

Have you gone down to your local Ford dealer and talked to someone in the parts department?

I have a couple of dealers that I can go into and they are quite helpful in finding a lot of things that I might have a question about.

Back