Seriously getting ready for an Expedition.. | Page 22 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Seriously getting ready for an Expedition..

...A simple upgrade to think about.

Day before yesterday I decided to remodel the interior of my DD truck to be more functional and to add more storage to the single cab.

I ripped out the 60/40 bench seats, installing buckets, hunted down a console that would fit and installed it, now to add a bunch of concealed power sources, hopefully mount the inverter and add some rock and LED lights, and if I'm still feeling energetic, hopefully finish my OBA if free time allows..:rolleyes:

20150414_191801.jpg

This specific mod was inspired by Gerald Lee over at Savvy Off Road after seeing him add these on the Currie Enterprises/ SAVVY race vehicles.

..This is a dual 2.1 amp USB charging port which I will be concealing on the front side of the console. This comes in handy for powering up navigation and communications devices as well as for charging phones, pads, GoPro's, camera batteries, and other electronic devices...

I found these locally for just under $20 out the door..

20150416_061119_1_.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I read this whole thread friday night. Stayed up til about 3am. Really enjoyed it. Dont have much to offer as far as advice for camping but thanks for the good read and info!!

Cant believe this thread has been idle for almost a year! :eek:

Got a pair of Maxtrax recovery boards to test out and I like them! They work pretty well. They will be coming with me on future overland trips since they are simple and effective.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Cant believe this thread has been idle for almost a year! :eek:

Got a pair of Maxtrax recovery boards to test out and I like them! They work pretty well. They will be coming with me on future overland trips since they are simple and effective.

attachment.php

attachment.php

What level of hell is that sand? No way I'd try driving over that. Wouldn't even try that with a quad. :eek:

What level of hell is that sand? No way I'd try driving over that. Wouldn't even try that with a quad. :eek:

Its just a sand dune on the edge of town. I didn't air down and I really had to try and get stuck. No big deal, I guess it looks worse than it really was.

Its just a sand dune on the edge of town. I didn't air down and I really had to try and get stuck. No big deal, I guess it looks worse than it really was.

Maybe it's just my phone screen but to me it looks so soft I feel like it'd tickle my feet lol

Back