SEVEN40iL's '98 Sport Mod Thread | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

SEVEN40iL's '98 Sport Mod Thread

That much of a lift doesn't require longer shocks. I've also been running my shocks with the Shackle/TT lift with no problem.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The ARB OME Dakar leaf spring pack is roughly 1.5 inches I would say, then add the Shackles for maybe another 1.5 inches. Was running Edelbrock IAS performers with that amount of lift, ride went from good to horrendous. Maybe the leaf pack is more like 2" but that was enough to make for one squirrely back end hop when hitting holes etc on the highway, at high speeds squirrely became cross your fingers time. Pro Comp ES9000's for 0-3" lift shocks cured that problem entirely. (had been running the Edelbrock IAS shocks with warrior shackles fine with no probs for many years)

After seeing your progress on the truck, I think I'm gonna go craigslist hunting.
I wouldn't mind having a sport around.

After seeing your progress on the truck, I think I'm gonna go craigslist hunting.
I wouldn't mind having a sport around.

I hunt craigslist on the daily!

Stupid question I just got my wife a 2000 xls how do I do this TT I hear about and why size shackles is max with just doin the TT and whys the biggest tire I can then put on after those mods

Hold on, where exactly in Toronto are you and where do you get your parts? :O

I'm located in Brampton, but usually will travel to anywhere I need too, to get parts.

Stupid question I just got my wife a 2000 xls how do I do this TT I hear about and why size shackles is max with just doin the TT and whys the biggest tire I can then put on after those mods

Search is your best friend Campoli!

But just a general answer, most don't go higher than 2 inches on the front TT so you don't have to change any other components.

The size of the shackle used has nothing to do with how much you raise your TT.

I'm located in Brampton, but usually will travel to anywhere I need too, to get parts.

Search is your best friend Campoli!

But just a general answer, most don't go higher than 2 inches on the front TT so you don't have to change any other components.

The size of the shackle used has nothing to do with how much you raise your TT.

Where'd you get the warrior shackles and shocks?
I can't find any good deals around here.
Everywhere wants over $100 for shackles.

I just got mine from tellico4x4.com. Gonna do them this weekend
I've been readin threads on here for a week now every spare chance I get I've been searching and reading all the way back to 03
It's just a pain to search on the phone this forum needs an app like the Cadillac forum app does that I'm part of

That's ^ a great price!

Do you know how much of a lift just the rear and front shocks gave you mate?

I have 2" lift from tt/aal and shackles at the moment.

I want at least 1.5-2" more.

Cheers,

Jake

Do you know how much of a lift just the rear and front shocks gave you mate?

I have 2" lift from tt/aal and shackles at the moment.

I want at least 1.5-2" more.

Cheers,

Jake

I don't remember the exact numbers of how many inches it raised it up, but the front and rear shocks will definitely give you at least 1.5"-2" more that you are looking for!

Back