Shaking / vibration on a running car | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Shaking / vibration on a running car

andreimatrosau

Reaction score
City, State
Minsk
Year, Model & Trim Level
Ford Explorer 2018 2.3L
Hello, everyone I have a 2018 Ford Explorer 2.3L.
and after refueling about 1 week ago I started feeling a vibration. For instance it happens when engine is running and the car is standing at a traffic light. But I don't feel no shaking or vibrations while driving around the city.
has anyone had this issue? There are no errors during the checks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Have you checked your motor mounts? One could be worn out.

No errors during what checks? A scan tool should be hooked up and look for live data, misfires.

Since it happened after refueling, I'd first suspect bad gas, would drain the tank as much as you have gas cans to store it, and top off the tank at a different gas station.

No errors during what checks? A scan tool should be hooked up and look for live data, misfires.

Since it happened after refueling, I'd first suspect bad gas, would drain the tank as much as you have gas cans to store it, and top off the tank at a different gas station.
During the computer diagnostics of the gearbox and engine at the dealer.
Today I filled up a full tank after I had 40 miles of fuel left then when I stopped with the engine running, there was a brief increase in engine speed and then shaking.
really strange things happens ...

I'm finding it hard to believe, or I mean accept, that the dealer using the proper equipment could not find the fault. Was it not shaking when they were testing it? Does it only happen sitting in drive, not when it's in park? I'd take it to a different shop.

I'm finding it hard to believe, or I mean accept, that the dealer using the proper equipment could not find the fault. Was it not shaking when they were testing it? Does it only happen sitting in drive, not when it's in park? I'd take it to a different shop.

Me too..
It was shaking during the check and it only happens in drive.
The funny thing is I tested it in two shops

Me too..
It was shaking during the check and it only happens in drive.
The funny thing is I tested it in two shops
Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
Do you get gas from the same gas station or the same brand? Are you using what they call top-tier gas? What is the octane? You said it started after filling up so I wonder if it is just bad gas.

Peter

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
Do you get gas from the same gas station or the same brand? Are you using what they call top-tier gas? What is the octane? You said it started after filling up so I wonder if it is just bad gas.

Peter
Hi 👋
It is 91 octane.
The gas station and brand was different.
So I hope you will be right

Back