• Register Today It's free!

shock help!

slickemhoundd

Reaction score
City, State
Glassboro, southern jersey
Year, Model & Trim Level
1996 Limited 5.0
I did the shackles on the back end of my 2000 and when i installed them the shocks restricted the full dropping of the rear so in turn my back end looks like "new" height and my leafs are a lil bent. So regardless of this i need new shocks. I was looking at these http://www.autozone.com/R,1583905/v...partType,00661/shopping/partProductDetail.htm And was curious about them and these for the front http://www.autozone.com/R,473075/ve...partType,00660/shopping/partProductDetail.htm so correct me if they arent worth it and recommend something better and not pricey. Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Do not repaet DO NOT use air shocks.

The Bilsteins are excellent shocks. However they will not be any longer than the stock shocks you have now.

Thanks for the air opinion... had a feelin it wouldnt be a great idea... Any one have opinion on shocks? Like somethin a lil longer?

bippity

C'mon

You will not find a longer shock for the minimum amount of lift the shackles gave you. Just shackles alone puts you pretty close back at stock heighth.

Too long of a shock will cause the shock to bottom out before the springs do.

Just go with a good brand shock. Bilsteins are great. Rancho 5000 and RSX (which I have) are a good shock for the money. If you want to spend $$$$$$ go with Rancho 9000 series.

It looks a lil bit higer then a brand new look and i didnt use the warrior shackles i used diff ones that were 2-1/4 inches of lift and i hate how it looks like the leaf springs are beind murdered (how bent they are) so i didnt know any options...... would the add a leaf help? ( i still wouldnt get more extention tho correct?)

I have custom made shackles on mine and the spring arches up as well in front of the shackle. It's going to do that because the shackle does not hang straight up and down. They are at an angle.

Back