shocks and other aftermarket parts??? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

shocks and other aftermarket parts???

chrisw2012

Reaction score
City, State
tn
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 sports trac
i have a 2003 st. it has 177xxx on the body with a brand new motor with only 21xxx on it. it has 16in chrome rimes black taillights. a bazooka sub with 7 in touch screen radio. it is a 2wd 5 speed. i am looking into starting to replace all the shocks struts and etc. underneath. i am wanting to find out what the best afermarket/ high performance ( however you want to say it) shocks to put on my truck would be. its not lifted and i am not going to be lifting it. i am also wanting to get some info on some more parts for underneath that will make it ride/ handle much better. i am the type of driver that loves going fast on curvy roads lol. and also any other aftermarket parts any body might recomend does not have to be undercariege parts just any in gerneral thanks in advance. chris

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Rancho 5000's for shocks and Moog problem Solver sway bar endlinks (front and rear)

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=373327

Check the balljoints, tie rod endlinks and wheel bearings for play. I would also check the body mount bushings (they are known to deteriorate and can cuase body roll and noises).

honestly if your 2wd and like speed i recommend checking out explorerexpress.com they have a supercharger kit and a sway bar kit. then get a SCT x cal3 tuner from bamachips he works expressly with the 4.0 in the sploder line. also do a drop to lower your center of gravity very easy to do on our rigs since it is spring under axle

www.explorerexpress.com

www.moranav6racing.com

Ditto. Bilstein shocks, EE rear sway bar, and a mild drop will improve handling immensely. :thumbsup:

I keep checking there site and can't find the supercharger everyone talks about?

its under the ranger section and the mustang section too

i have found a chip from bully dog that will fit on a ford 4.0 had to do LOTS of searching and talking to peopl but they do have one so if i get one ill go with that one. and is there any certain type of swaybars that would be better or worse. and i have seen talk about the ranchoes but also seen people talk about the bilstein shocks. can any of yall explain if anything is better then the other and so on. if im going to spend money i just want to make sure i get something i will be pleased with. thanks for everyone replying

I am doing the coil conversion and I think the coils are awesome! They are great to ride on and you can lift a little bit with them. If you want some bang for your buck, coils are a good option. ranchos are good too though

i have found a chip from bully dog that will fit on a ford 4.0 had to do LOTS of searching and talking to peopl but they do have one so if i get one ill go with that one. and is there any certain type of swaybars that would be better or worse. and i have seen talk about the ranchoes but also seen people talk about the bilstein shocks. can any of yall explain if anything is better then the other and so on. if im going to spend money i just want to make sure i get something i will be pleased with. thanks for everyone replying
Best resource for info is the EF search button. Tire and shock preferences are subjective, and every application is different.
In addition to Explorer Express, Zabteck is another great source for ST performance parts. Do some homework. Good luck!

www.zabteck.com/

Back