• Register Today It's free!

Shocks for tt and shackels?

skia4life89

Reaction score
City, State
Lenoir NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 LIMITED
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I recently installed shackles and cranked up the torsion bars on my 99ex. It didnt take bumps and pot holes too well before, now that it has a stiffer ride, its even worse. So i think its time to upgrade my shocks. What a good shock for a comfortable ride with the TT and shackels? Something reasonably priced as well. Any suggestions?

Thanks guys

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Any shock will work with a TT/Shackle lift.

Personally, I'm going to be buying Rancho 5000s in the front and SensaTrac load adjust in the rear. However, you could get Rancho shocks all around.

And just know, a TT/Shackle lift will make your truck ride much rougher.

I got sensa trac load adjusters in rear and I'm installing bilstien heavy dutys in the front today and a Monroe axle damper the sensa tracs are great had them on about 3 weeks love them

Any shock will work with a TT/Shackle lift.

Personally, I'm going to be buying Rancho 5000s in the front and SensaTrac load adjust in the rear. However, you could get Rancho shocks all around.

And just know, a TT/Shackle lift will make your truck ride much rougher.

Yea I know thats why I said it made it much stiffer. I am looking for something that will kind of even it out. I have heard alot about the rancho 5000, but I have also read they are kind of stiff. If I was to go with the 5000 would I get the ones that are made for the lift or stock height?

Yea I know thats why I said it made it much stiffer. I am looking for something that will kind of even it out. I have heard alot about the rancho 5000, but I have also read they are kind of stiff. If I was to go with the 5000 would I get the ones that are made for the lift or stock height?

With a TT/Shackle lift, most members here buy the Regular Ranchos.

You could get the Rancho for a lift, but I personally wouldn't and won't.

I'm going to be picking up a set of Rancho 5000s for the front this week and won't get the lifted ones.

The best way to check is to see them side by side and look at how they sit. If the stock size is a bit short and seems stretched out a lot, then they're too short. But they shouldn't cause you problems.

And yes, Ranchos are probably a 'rougher' ride, but keep in mind, this is a truck, not a car. The way the suspension is set up is different than that of a car.

Rancho

I have had Rancho 5000's on mine for over a year now,a little stiff,but over bumps,potholes,etc. I'd rather bounce than wallow thru them

Back