Should I Pull The Pin; Pilot or Explorer? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Should I Pull The Pin; Pilot or Explorer?

Interesting, I have owned now 4 first year model cars (orginal caravan, neon, Acura TL and now the Explorer) and I would say the Explorer has the highest initial quality of any of them. I will always remember white mist coming out of the A/C in the acura and being told "just shut off the A/C. Now pay us for a service call as there is nothing wrong with your $35K car."

Expect for MFT, which all of us may have expected to be more stable than any microsoft OS in history (myself included), I would say that the number and consistancy of issues described in the forum (which attracts issues) are very low for most cars, much less a first year full redesign.

I looked into Honda Pilot when I bought my 11 Edge, compared to limited explorer pilot is not a match, Honda has started to put cheaper interiors lately. Gas mileage on Honda is not that good, overall i think explorer is a better vehicle, and Ford has passed Honda in everything. My 2 cents.

I agree, the Honda interior looks like a city bus inside. The interior panels look like a blow-molded sawzall box.

Back