Should I (re)paint the old grille? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Should I (re)paint the old grille?

A few weeks ago I had the bright *cough* idea of repainting my whole grille in chrome (instead of just the outer part with the inner part being grey/silver). I put a couple of coats on, but it just isn't anywhere NEAR the chrome of the original grille and it's scratched up.

Should I scuff sand and repaint the grille in the color of my truck? If so, should I use clearcoat to protect it?

I am also considering painting the bumper cover and air dam in the color of my truck, but I'm worried it might look odd not matching the color of my EB flares. Anyone have an opinion, or, even better, a picture of something like this?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I think that would look cool the color of your truck

Do you think the tan EB fender flares and door trim would clash?

I don't think so. You have plenty of green on there. The green grille will work well.
One mans opinion

I would deffinetly keep the flares & bumper cover/air dam the same color.
For the grill either the truck color or the bumpercover color.
I just added flares & running boards and am going to paint the grill same color (harvest gold) as the trim.

I'm not quite sure what you mean, but as long as it matches, it should look good. Just make sure it's not two shades of silver ;) Either the same silver or something totally different, I'd say.

And that, ladies and gentlemen, was a reply for a different thread. Thank you, thank you!

Back