Side Mirror Warning Lighting Gasket | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Side Mirror Warning Lighting Gasket

EXZimm

Reaction score
City, State
Chicagoland, IL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Explorer XLT
I'm adding the Ford Ready For The Road mirror lights to my 2016 Explorer and I have the caps but need the rubber gaskets that go around the Whelen ION lights. The part number I can locate and cross references to the 2011-2019 PIUs is DB5Z17530A. I ordered a set of these from Tasca and the ones I received are in bags labeled with the correct part number, but are the mirror warning light gaskets for the 2020+ interceptors, which are not compatible. Does Ford re-use part numbers for non-compatible parts, or is this more likely a mistake on Ford's part.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The AutoNation site shows the same thing; 2013-2019 Ford Police Interceptor Utility Bezel DB5Z17530A | Auto Nation Ford White Bear Lake
I don't believe Ford reuses parts numbers but will at times change the first 5 letter/numbers and last letter depending on the model year.
the middle numbers usually remain the same as can be seen here in Ford parts; https://parts.ford.com/shop/en/us/body/mirrors/bezel-6409037-1

Peter
Peter, so to me it sounds as though Ford may have messed up the fulfillment. At least there is hope.

Peter, so to me it sounds as though Ford may have messed up the fulfillment. At least there is hope.
Maybe contact Tasca about this and explain what you want.

Maybe contact Tasca about this and explain what you want.
I sent them an email. Interestingly enough that Ford part website lists the same part number (17530) shows two different bezels with different prices, although the other one has no pictures.

Back