Sirius install in 2007 Explorer Limited | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Sirius install in 2007 Explorer Limited

JasYHZ

Reaction score
City, State
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 Limited V8
Hey Everyone,

Fiorst post here and I hope all you guys and gals can help with my question. Ford fellow here (own the Explorer listed above and a 2007 Fusion SEL V6 All Wheel Drive) and I have been to the dealer, to stereo shops, to Ford Canada, back to the dealer and no one can give me the answers I'm looking for. Here is my issue:
~ Father in law has a 2007 Fusion SE 4 cyl. with Sirius. He is buying out the car after the lease and does not want or need the Sirius satellite radio
~ My Explorer has the 6 disc Audiophile stereo with AUX button but did not come factory equipped with Sirius (early-build 2007)
~ can we remove the Sirius module from the Fusion (appears it's behind the passenger side rear seatback bolster from what I can find on line) and install it in the Explorer? It looks like the module installs in the front passenger footwell under the same panel as the fuel pump reset switch)
~ I did remove the Explorer panel and there are wires capped off there - I don't suppose I'll be lucky enough to have to pre-wired?
~ there is no Sirius antenna bump/wart/knob on the roof - where do you suggest placing the antenna?
~ if anyone has attempted an install like this on an Explorer can you advise of the steps we should take?

Thanks everyone for your assistance!
JasYHZ

Back