Sirius "Premier" Package | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Sirius "Premier" Package

tiresmoke

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2012 Explorer XLT
Has anyone called Sirius after getting their Explorer to add the free Premier package like it says on the included brochure?

I've had satellite radio off and on for years, and I always dread calling them for any reason because it's so painful to have to get through the repetitive sales pitches all delivered with mediocre English just to get a chance to get your issue resolved. I'm just wondering how tedious this phone call is going to be.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Speaking of Sirius and packages, ever listen to the stand-up channels? Talk about feeling inadaquate! Every other commercial is about male enhancement or libido increasers, LOL.
OK, off topic, sorry about that.

I never even knew about that. We have listened to the Sirius radio for about 10 minutes in 7500 miles. The audio quality is so poor it just aggravates me to listen. Funny, cuz I thought digital satellite radio was supposed to have superior quality. Just another lie! :D

The reason I'm looking for the premier package is because I listen to Opie & Anthony. I've always had XM up to this point, but Ford only does Sirius. Funny how it's supposedly the same company now, but there are still different channel lineups. I remember when they were arguing how the merger was going to be "good" for the consumer. All I've seen are higher prices and lower levels of service (plus charging extra for online listening). Combine this with the fact that they somehow think it's a good idea to start adding all kinds of DJ chatter on the "commercial-free" music channels, and they are becoming more and more like regular radio everyday. I don't know who runs the company, but they need to seriously re-evaluate their market strategy fast if they plan on not being driven out of business by free streaming services like Pandora.

Like I said, if I could get O&A in some other way, I'd quit paying for satellite radio in a heartbeat.

The reason I'm looking for the premier package is because I listen to Opie & Anthony. I've always had XM up to this point, but Ford only does Sirius. Funny how it's supposedly the same company now, but there are still different channel lineups. I remember when they were arguing how the merger was going to be "good" for the consumer. All I've seen are higher prices and lower levels of service (plus charging extra for online listening). Combine this with the fact that they somehow think it's a good idea to start adding all kinds of DJ chatter on the "commercial-free" music channels, and they are becoming more and more like regular radio everyday. I don't know who runs the company, but they need to seriously re-evaluate their market strategy fast if they plan on not being driven out of business by free streaming services like Pandora.

Like I said, if I could get O&A in some other way, I'd quit paying for satellite radio in a heartbeat.

I listen to O&A also and it's really the only reason I see to have Sat radio honestly. My wife streams Pandora most of the time and we get HD radio which has better audio quality. O&A's contract is up in Oct so there is a question if they will be back or not. I'll most likely keep the internet subscription so I can listen wherever I am.

I just renewed my subscription for a 2nd year and had no hassle at all. I called to cancel my auto renewal and was put through to Customer Relations (those are the ones you want to speak to) and she asked why I wanted to cancel. Told them it was too expensive for the amount I used it. It would have cost me about $198 including fees and tax.
When I asked why U.S customers could get 1 year for $77 she said she would give it to me for $75 + fees and tax which would have come to about $96. While I was thinking about it she said if I renewed right away I could get it for a total of $67.71 including fees and tax.
I renewed right away. My renewal date actually was Sept. 4th.
I have Sirius Everything which includes free online listening. Does not include the Premier Package.

My understanding is that the merger is not yet official. That is why we here in Canada are not able to get Sync Services yet. I was told once the merger is completed, the services will be available.

I also have no issue with the sound quality but then when you only listen to Willie's Roadhouse, who can tell? :D

Peter

My understanding is that the merger is not yet official. That is why we here in Canada are not able to get Sync Services yet. I was told once the merger is completed, the services will be available.

Peter

Sync Services uses your cell phone, if it was available to you. You're thinking about Travel Link which is Sirius supplied.

Sync Services uses your cell phone, if it was available to you. You're thinking about Travel Link which is Sirius supplied.
That is what I thought but when I logged onto my Sync account and looked for Sync Services, this is what came up; Sorry! SYNC Services is not available for this vehicle. SYNC® Services may be unavailable if your vehicle was released before 2009, if your vehicle was purchased outside the United States or your vehicle is equipped with a navigation system. :thumbdwn:

Peter

That is what I thought but when I logged onto my Sync account and looked for Sync Services, this is what came up; Sorry! SYNC Services is not available for this vehicle. SYNC® Services may be unavailable if your vehicle was released before 2009, if your vehicle was purchased outside the United States or your vehicle is equipped with a navigation system. :thumbdwn:

Peter

Did you purchase it in the US? I also thought your telecommunication laws didn't allow certain types of cellular data? Sorry if I'm mistaken, but the VHR (vehicle health report) is part of Sync Services, not Travel Link. Can you use the VHR? On my Ex, Sync Services connects through my registered cell phone number at SyncMyRide.com. If I use Sync Services IN the Ex, it dials my phone. I have Travel Link and it receives its data from Sirius and is branded as such.

Did you purchase it in the US? I also thought your telecommunication laws didn't allow certain types of cellular data? Sorry if I'm mistaken, but the VHR (vehicle health report) is part of Sync Services, not Travel Link. Can you use the VHR? On my Ex, Sync Services connects through my registered cell phone number at SyncMyRide.com. If I use Sync Services IN the Ex, it dials my phone. I have Travel Link and it receives its data from Sirius and is branded as such.
The Ex was leased here and NO, we do not have the VHR either.
I know that there was some concern about some services possibly contravening Privacy Laws, but I don't know if that still applies.

Peter

I know that there was some concern about some services possibly contravening Privacy Laws, but I don't know if that still applies.

Peter

Maybe our "Queen of the Forum" Rebecca can help ya' out, or Cory 12'? :D

I just renewed my subscription for a 2nd year and had no hassle at all. I called to cancel my auto renewal and was put through to Customer Relations (those are the ones you want to speak to) and she asked why I wanted to cancel. Told them it was too expensive for the amount I used it. It would have cost me about $198 including fees and tax.
When I asked why U.S customers could get 1 year for $77 she said she would give it to me for $75 + fees and tax which would have come to about $96. While I was thinking about it she said if I renewed right away I could get it for a total of $67.71 including fees and tax.
I renewed right away. My renewal date actually was Sept. 4th.
I have Sirius Everything which includes free online listening. Does not include the Premier Package.

I also have no issue with the sound quality but then when you only listen to Willie's Roadhouse, who can tell? :D

Peter

The merger has been complete in the US since the FCC approved it in 2008. There wasn't a merger in Canada, however, so that might be the issue. I'm not sure how that works.

As for O&A, I can't see them not renewing in October. I agree that SiriusXM pays stupid amounts of money to various so-called celebs that do zero actual radio... it would be idiotic for them NOT to pay O&A. But it seems like that's the way they feel like doing business unless your last name rhymes with Schmern. I think, however, Anthony is running through his money too fast for him not to re-sign. :D

When it comes to their music channels, I don't find the sound quality to be as much of an issue as the music selection they play. It's not uncommon to hear the same artist played 2 or 3 times an hour on some channels. And as I mentioned before, I despise that they feel obligated to put on lots of DJ chatter now.

Maybe our "Queen of the Forum" Rebecca can help ya' out, or Cory 12'? :D

BAHAHAHAHA! You remembered, Helicopter! :)

Peter

Peter

Good morning, Peter!

Ford of Canada is still looking into the logistics for SYNC Services. Canada has a lot of rules and regulations when it comes to languages and such; I'm sure it's a lengthy process to get these types of things approved. For a small fee, you can give me a ring when you're headed out and I'll provide your turn-by-turn directions! LOL

BTW, today's Friday! ;)

Rebecca

Peter

It has to do with our ridiculous language laws, not Privacy.

The GM On* system provides an automated VHR (email) every month and its available in Canada in both official languages.

US programmed MFT systems with Sirius get two ESN's one is for data and thats how they send out Sirius Travel Link with Traffic and Weather data.

Interesting though when they did the free demo with Sirius Traffic it showed up on my MFT navigation in Canada.

Call me sensitive, but I'm feeling seriously thread-jacked here. ;)

LOL, don't feel bad, it happens all the time :D

It has to do with our ridiculous language laws, not Privacy.

The GM On* system provides an automated VHR (email) every month and its available in Canada in both official languages.

US programmed MFT systems with Sirius get two ESN's one is for data and thats how they send out Sirius Travel Link with Traffic and Weather data.

Interesting though when they did the free demo with Sirius Traffic it showed up on my MFT navigation in Canada.
I'm sure that I read that it was a matter of being able to find out where you are by using satellite but not sure how that differs from the current nav system unless it is tied into the data part. As for language laws, I don't think Samantha (MFT) is bilingual.

Peter

Call me sensitive, but I'm feeling seriously thread-jacked here. ;)

Sorry , your right.

The missing features up here in Canada drives me nuts because there has never been a complete honest explanation by Ford.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I thought I'd update on my original post. I called up Sirius and they gave me the Premier package with very little hassle. What sucks is that I now have two radios on XM and one on Sirius. I can't get them combined as I was told that the different systems stay on different accounts... with different online user names / passwords and different invoices. Well, whatever. I've got O&A now so that's good.

Back