Sirius Travel Link. WORKS In Canada | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Sirius Travel Link. WORKS In Canada

broken strut

Reaction score
City, State
CHIMOMAN VILLE
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 White Sport
I just noticed travel link is working for me. I'm in Canada. When did this come online?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I know for me here in California, Sirius is running a promo from Aug 29th through Sept 11 in which they turned everything back on......traffic and music all work. They are just doing it to try and entice me to signing up.......

I just noticed travel link is working for me. I'm in Canada. When did this come online?
Yes, you are right. Just looked at mine. The weather info isn't of much use though since it only lists information for the States. I also noticed a few local gas stations that have been around for a long time are not shown. It only shows location, no prices which seem to change by the hour anyway.
This must just have been a recent activation. I checked a couple of weeks ago and it was not active.

Peter

I know for me here in California, Sirius is running a promo from Aug 29th through Sept 11 in which they turned everything back on......traffic and music all work. They are just doing it to try and entice me to signing up.......
Don't you mean Sync? Traffic, weather, movie listings etc are all features of Sync Services.

Peter

No. This is not sync. Its Sirius Travel Link

No. This is not sync. Its Sirius Travel Link
Yes, you are right again. Should have noticed that little Sirius icon with Travel Services! I guess it may disappear after the 2 week promo period is up.
Sync Services are still not available here.

Peter

Yes, you are right again. Should have noticed that little Sirius icon with Travel Services! I guess it may disappear after the 2 week promo period is up.
Sync Services are still not available here.

Peter

Yup. All I can pick up is Calais Maine. Shows gas stations etc.... Don't think I would purchase it anyway. I find it kind of useless.

Hey everyone!

SiriusXM has a promo running right now. I'm not sure of the date it will end, but it usually lasts 10 - 14 days. Enjoy!

Rebecca
Thanks Rebecca. I guess they want to keep it a secret and that is why they didn't tell us. Great way to run a promotion. :D

Peter

Thanks Rebecca. I guess they want to keep it a secret and that is why they didn't tell us. Great way to run a promotion. :D

Peter

You're welcome, Peter!

They posted this on August 29th on their Facebook page:

"Invite your friends to a free preview of SiriusXM starting today through September 11th. All they have to do is turn on their inactive Sirius or XM radio to listen to 60 channels of music, sports, talk and more. Share this free preview so your friends can rediscover SiriusXM! Get more info about the preview, including how to listen online by clicking the link."

http://www.facebook.com/siriusxm/posts/464976716865931

Rebecca

Peter

Well, that was short lived. Sirius Canada no longer offers anything other than music, with "it'll be coming soon" for other features. Makes it a real PITA when doing long distance traveling through construction zones as well as missing some relevant information along route.

Pretty much makes Sirius irrelevant unless you like so-so music quality channels.

I have Sirius Travel Link and it works great in Canada and US.

Can anyone else advise if they are still having issues with the Travel Link Fuel Prices not updating just a spinning icon?

Sirius Engineers are looking in to it but they are not hearing too many complaints.

I have Sirius Travel Link and it works great in Canada and US.

Can anyone else advise if they are still having issues with the Travel Link Fuel Prices not updating just a spinning icon?

Sirius Engineers are looking in to it but they are not hearing too many complaints.

Are you still on your first 6 months? After that, Sirius Canada does not provide the data - just the radio channels. I renewed back in July and the data portion wasn't projected for availability in the short-term. The other thing is to check to see if you get local information - traffic/weather/gas prices. I know I never did.

Just wanted to bump this thread as Sirius Engineers wanted to know how many people are still having issues with Travel Link Fuel Prices not updating just spinning?

Mine is still after v3.6.2 update

They want to get an idea of how wide spread this is or if its just in one part of North America.

I checked mine tonight, fuel seemed to update and all the grades were working. Some selections were spinning but eventually updated when I started the engine and backed out of the garage to pick up a satellite. Its not quick by any means, but does update after a minute or two on mine at least. (If Diesel price goes any higher I'm tempted to switch over to Jet A that is another issue)

I've noticed on the map the radar doesn't always match radar websites I can pull up on my phone. Seems to take a bit before it will eventually match up when that happens. I noticed the selector buttons on the right side will sometimes disappear, I assume the data is considered stale at that point or its updating when that happens. Maybe would be nice if it had a time stamp on the map so you know if you have recent data or not, I didn't see that it had one unless I missed it somewhere. XM radar has up to a 15 minute lag, so that might be refresh rates being different with XM compared to more real time web based systems perhaps.

Ya, I agree with you its not a very precise system with accurate data and frequent refresh rates.

Ya, I agree with you its not a very precise system with accurate data and frequent refresh rates.

I guess I should clarify that my comment is was certainly not a complaint about the weather maps, just an observation about the system. One wouldn't be expected to use that map for any critical weather related decision making, its just a nice added feature and data point to have when driving so to give you a heads up on what to expect. I love the fact that it has something like that available in a car!

Just wanted to bump this thread as Sirius Engineers wanted to know how many people are still having issues with Travel Link Fuel Prices not updating just spinning?

Mine is still after v3.6.2 update

They want to get an idea of how wide spread this is or if its just in one part of North America.
Not working here. After I backed out of the garage they were all spinning except for the 'Traffic' one. After a few minutes they all connected except for the 'Fuel Prices'. Drove for about an hour this morning and it never did connect.

Peter

Back