Does Sirius Travel Link Work For You? | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Does Sirius Travel Link Work For You?

"NEWS FLASH"

When I turned on my vehicle today I went to the travel link page and had the message to reactivate Sirius. Called the number indicated on the phone and went through computer promps to reactivate and what do you know

"EVERY THING WORKS!"

My first thought is the vehicle hardware works and ver 2.8 works. So Sirius what is up? You are wasting a lot Ford Technician time and Fords Money by sending the technicians on a wild goose chase by sending bad data down to the best concept Ford has come up with.

We are not Beta tester :thumbdwn: so stop playing with the downloads and lets be Happy :) with what we have. I can see with Ford engineers trying to fix whose bugs, it is had to tell what is bad and what is fixed.

Suggestion "Ford, Sirius, Telenav, etc. communicate with each other before doing any changes" A little talking can save a lot of time and creditworthiness of the product.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Mine has not worked since getting 2.11 installed last week, even with resets from Sirius. Have you requested a reset from Sirius?

I did a Master Reset on MFT and the travel Link is now working. V2.11

I did a Master Reset on MFT and the travel Link is now working. V2.11

V2.8 This was going to be my next step if Sirius could not fix the Issue. What was missing i.e. paired phones, radio presets,etc when you did the Master Reset?

This is what fixed my problem, also with others in previous threads.

Sirius deactivated then re-activated the Sirius account. This reset my screen info and fixed the Hour Glass issue. Expect it to take some time, 25-30 minutes in my case, to update the Screen Data. They first tried, twice, to resend the info with the radio on channel 184 which did not work for me.

Would suggest anybody having the same problem request Sirius deactivate and re-activate their Sirius account.

In my opinion Sirius is sending corrupt data causing the problem. Hope they are not trying to download some Sirius radio updates in order to fix some of their problems I.E. Channel number corrections.

Question:

What is in this Data that is causing the Travel Link to freeze up?

Is this happening in all older version below V2.8 and V2.11? Can older version users report their Travel Link problems in this thread. This would help Cory report effected versions to the software engineers. It would also help them to determine if it is a software issue or Sirius.

Cory,

Can you find out what is going on.

V2.8 This was going to be my next step if Sirius could not fix the Issue. What was missing i.e. paired phones, radio presets,etc when you did the Master Reset?
Phone had to be re-paired, Radio presets stayed. All pictures were erased.
Weather Map data seems to take about 5 minutes to load.

I tried the Weather Map today twice, zilch both times. :rolleyes:

Don't know what version software you have or what you have tried so far.

Assuming you have an Hour Glass on the Weather tab.

Option 1. Call Sirius and have them deactivate and reactivate your system. It may take up to 30 minutes to update your Travel Link tabs.

Option 2. Do a Master Reset of your system. Depending on Version of software you my have to re-pair your phones.

Don't know what version software you have or what you have tried so far.

Assuming you have an Hour Glass on the Weather tab.

Option 1. Call Sirius and have them deactivate and reactivate your system. It may take up to 30 minutes to update your Travel Link tabs.

Option 2. Do a Master Reset of your system. Depending on Version of software you my have to re-pair your phones.

Thanks for the info but no hour glass, just nothing! Kinda weird, I normally get an hourglass if there is a problem, this time just got a map with nothing on it and it should have showed up with lots of clouds. Using version 2.11.

I think it was just a satellite problem or a Sirius problem. I tried it because I remembered someone asking on here....my guess is it will be ok in a day or 2. Problem is when you need it you need it and it should work when you call on it to do something...especially when you are paying extra for the feature. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the info but no hour glass, just nothing! Kinda weird, I normally get an hourglass if there is a problem, this time just got a map with nothing on it and it should have showed up with lots of clouds. Using version 2.11.

I think it was just a satellite problem or a Sirius problem. I tried it because I remembered someone asking on here....my guess is it will be ok in a day or 2. Problem is when you need it you need it and it should work when you call on it to do something...especially when you are paying extra for the feature. :rolleyes:

My weather map has been spotty lately too. I think it's a sirius problem

...Cory,

Can you find out what is going on.
This would be a great question for Rebecca on the In-Vehicle Technology team (Username: FordIVTteam)! I forwarded your question to her to see what she can research on this. :)

Cory

Thanks, Cory!

If you are getting hourglasses on your SIRIUS Travel Link, please private message me with your VIN, when it started, what selections have an hourglass, and if you have called SIRIUS about your concern.

Thanks, everyone!

Back