Size and "Font" of "Explorer" letters on door/side panel | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Size and "Font" of "Explorer" letters on door/side panel

All, I searched the body work & detailing threads and could not find the dimensions or "style" or font or whatever you want to call our Explorer letters on the side of the 2001 Sport truck.

I googled "Chrome letters, emblems" and got a variety of sites happy to send me any letters I want at a reasonable price but now I need to know the size and if it is "italic", rounded, etc to make sure they match.

I tried to measure but down low on the curve I couldn't tell the size of the letter, plus do I measure in mm or inches?

If someone has had good success getting letters that match the current ford letters please send me details on a site, letters, size, style etc...

THanks in advance

I would call the style of lettering Italic.

The sizes are as follows:
E's -- 1 5/8"
X, P, R -- 1 3/4"
L -- 1"
O -- 1 5/8"

They are almost exactly 1" tall on all of them.

I used a tape measure. As I have a set to put on the doors of my 92 (I took off the body length molding.)

The letters I have are off an 01 sport.

If you are missing some letters... I know ebay sells them individually, however they are kinda pricey.

BUT if you don't mind getting dirty look in salvage yards. This is where I got mine from.

Back